Make my first frag today

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

nicholas542

Make my first frag today

by nicholas542

I've been having some of my Pink Panther Palys coming loose from the mother colony. I think mostly do to overcrowding on the mother colony. So i had a buch of free floating palys in my tank. I was reading a article on fraging in Reef Hobbiest Magazine, and the guy said to use cyanoacrylic gel superglue to frag with. It just so happens i had some in my toolbox. So I made a new colony of Pink Panthers, and added a small piece of my Star Polyp for flavor. Why buy corals when you can just get a few nice specimens and frag them. By the way the new fragged polys opened up within minutes of being re-introduced to the tank. So far so good.

snowboss

by snowboss

sweet .....can i put an order in for color designed frags now???? i'd like a big red heart with "Beck" written in the middle of it ...............lol...............how many points would I get for that eh??????

Boss

nicholas542

by nicholas542

not that far advanced into fragging yet, but my first one survived. That's a big confidence booster. I think i'll order some exotic palys from vividaquariums, and just start propigating my own frags to fill in my reef.

snowboss

by snowboss

that'll be very cool...........talk to Pimp, he props different things all the time

Boss

nicholas542

by nicholas542

First one done today on 11/ 7 / 2008 theres about 5 pink panther palys, three flame polyps, and a frag of branching green star polyp
eeb6d-first frag.jpg

Make my first frag today

5 posts