Power Heads

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

Power Heads

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

correct me if im wrong; Are power heads really necessary in a FO tank? Aside from elminating dead spots i think the output lines on my 2 canisters can substitute power heads. The only way i can see them making sense is if i use the power heads instead of airstones. I understand their purpose in a reef. I will be putting live eventually and i know this will increase dead spots. I guess i need to plan out the rock work to hide all this crap. I was thinking of using one of those rock shelves

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

bubbles are bad for corals. iam sure u have read that.trying to hide a power head is a great idea.get creative.some times with rocks on or around powerheads will make a chatter and thats annoying. you could also cover it with coral. buttonpolyops or greenstar coral is nice. what size is you tank again? if you have room you can make a dramatic arch drill and pin your rocks leaving a hollow spot behind rocks . for your powerheads,heaters skimmerpump ect...

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

65g ...I had lace and lava from last tank, but I'm going to purchase live rock off the internet and wait one more month to add fish just in case.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

good idea!! i changed my rock around in my tank a few times, i can dig up some of them so you can get a few ideas if you want?

Power Heads

4 posts