Finally new pics look!!!!!!

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/friendemail.php/22327

take a look and tell me what you guys think i just fragged one of the green elephant ears

gumbii

by gumbii

how did you fragg it...? did you take out some of the mouth too...?

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

yeah i cut it in half through the mouth it was my first time fragging so i didn't want to do too much

gumbii

by gumbii

so how did you get it off the rock...? or are both half's still on the rock...? pics...?

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

well i cut along the foot the out side of the foot a scraped it off the rock by cutting some of the rock with it then i choped it in half through the mouth and through the foot and put the halves on a rock with super glue gel dont use to much cuz it does not like to grow on it and then put it a a tupperware and sink it to bottom till they securely attach

gumbii

by gumbii

yikes...

do you have alot of experience fragging...? i've only fragged a couple of soft corals and LPS... but nothing as challenging as mushrooms... well... i find mushrooms as challenging... lol...

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

no this was my first time and it seemed to have gone fine mushrooms no they are easy the kid that lives above me said what he would do is cut then through the mouth like 6 to 8 times and put em in a tupperwaer container with pea gravel it it and just let tem attach them selves im going to try it with on of my cheepo green shrooms and see what happens

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

shrooms are easy. you could cut the shroom in 4 or more depending on size, just leave a mouth on each piece or it probably wont make it
also you can leave the shroom on the rock, make lateral lines from the mouth(with a sharp razor) it will walk away from the wound and leave little babbies behind. i think thats the safest way.. some shrooms will also fuse together from the same family, 2 diffrent colors.

8 posts