NEW Fishies not fancy but still cool!!!!!!!!

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Which livebearers are the best????

Mollies
No votes
Guppies
40%
Platys
40%
Other
20%

Total votes : 10

j_bball_rox

by j_bball_rox

I got new fishies from lfs yay whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got two platys one female one male i wont need luck getting them to breed LOL

and i got two new guppies both male after i get playts to breed i will try on the guppies then after that i will try the mollies.

I have nicknamed them flame( male platy) sunset( female platy) rainbow (one of the male guppies) and Horizon (the other new male guppies).

Whoop!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a poll at the end of this answer if you feel like it!!!:-):-) if you say other post what the other type is i am interested if the is any other livebearers i can try and breed!!!!!!!! Thanks, from happy Person:-):-)

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

guppies get my vote
out of all the live bearers they are the most interesting. I like platys too, cus they are easy to breed. But mollies, ugh not my favourite

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

speaking of mollies I have a pair Mr and Mrs Mollie they are black and she is very plump...if bearing little ones how can you tell when to put her in floating thingy all alone....I put her in there once she hated it ....

j_bball_rox

by j_bball_rox

umm not sure usually when she looks like she's just about burst her belly and all her guts are going to go flying i know that sounds stupid but that's pretty much the best way to describe it , J

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

i would put here in there once you think she is expecting, and tepending on tankmates and hidingspots you have i would just keave her be i have seen fry survive without being in the breeder....

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

thanks, I will put her back in her own place tomorrow. As she looks PLUMPO and the male is constantly chasing her anyway

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

i voted platies (red or red wag), I adore my platies, fine little fellas

only thing about platies is, they breed like cockroaches...I started off with 7 platies, and now, in less than 7 months, I have over 30 platy (mostly fry)

almost every morning when I awake, I find more fry...they certainly do a lot of cha cha(s) when the lights go out...though if the temp stays over 80 F, there are less fry...but unless my fish are stressed in any way, I usually keep the tank between 76-78, so these little guys sure do spawn

mollies are cool, 2nd best...only thing is, mollies need a lot of salt, and I only salt the tank about 4-6 tablespoons a month, so I refrained from getting mollies

7 posts