new stuff

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

singapore

new stuff

by singapore

just bought a whole bunch of stuff in the past 3 days. sunday i bought a sebae anenome which is dong great, my clowns are already all over it. sunday i also bought some watermelon, true blue, and citrus zoos. all on one rock. then today i bought 2 small coral catfish, a large snails of some sort, and a rock with like 10 green/blue mushrooms. spent like $110 for it all.

anyone know what the coral cats eat? meaty foods i assume rite?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

jeez - - -did bush send you a stimulus pakage???? lol

sorry don't know anything about the cats............how tough is the sebae to care for? i'd like to get my Percs an anemone but they scare me, {ive heard such horror stories about them dieing, inverting and poisoning the entire tank}

Boss

singapore

by singapore

actually, extreemly easy. easier than keeping my zoos alive. i have a 55gal tank, and one 24'' power compact light. its 130 watts. my lfs guy said they require strong light. and i guess my light is strong enough. its a huge anenome too. like...6 or 7 inches. it was only $30. made out like a bandit.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

nice score

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

first off percs love bubble tip anems. pluse thay are cheep and ez to care for and forgit the rummer if your tank is set up right and the anem dies it isent going to kill everything your filter should take care of the exces chems released. and if thay are coarl cat and not cnvict blennys( yes alot of people canfuse the two even in the pet stores) thay like meatyer food but will eat flake. as a side note dont put you hands near the coarl cats thay are venimes and it herts like hell if you git wacked

singapore

by singapore

yeah ive got a convict blennie in my tank, they are definately coral cats. the only anenome ive ever had problems with are condy anenomes. one got sucked into my filter and clouded my water, and killed my lawnmower blennie and my six line wrasse. but the good anenomes dont seem to have these problems.

new stuff

6 posts