Glossostigma

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

fasttalker31

Glossostigma

by fasttalker31

I have a 29 gallon Aquarium, I have several plants at the moment
Acorus variegatus (2)
Java Moss
Pearl Grass
Bacopa Caroliniana (3)
Java Fern 'Narrow' (2)
Glossostigma elatinoides
Myriophyllum green (3)
Cabomba Green (6)
Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis) (3)

I am wanting the Glossostigma to carpet the rest of the Aquarium. I am running 2 65 watt bulbs at the same time. (450nm blue/plantgrow) and (plantgrow/10,000k).
I am also using 2 DIY Co2 with 2 liter bottles. My question is why am I getting vertical growth but not horizontal? I also have laterite under my gravel, and use leafZone twice a week. Is there something else I need to do? I seen lots of aquariums with this plant and they look awesome. Just not getting the growth that I expected.
Anybody that can help me on this please give me some advice.

Thanks
Ken

Poetic_Irony2267

Re: Glossostigma

by Poetic_Irony2267

http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/plant ... noides.htm copy and paste this to your browser it has a section at the bottom detailing the description that you gave, even though you have your tank well lit, it seems to me that you don't have enough light for the glossostigma to grow as a carpet type plant, if it's growing tall what it is doing is trying to reach upwards to get the sufficient light that it requires in order to survive. i would suggest beefing up your light sources and keeping any plants or decor that may be casting shadow on to the plant away and keep this plant by itself in the foreground of the tank so that the light quality is the highest.

I hope this helps
Brandon

Glossostigma

2 posts