My Ideas for up grades

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

My Ideas for up grades

by Deltasigpony3648

so this is what I'm thinking so far...I'll include pictures.

Light: http://www.specialty-lights.com/960040.html

Tank: 120 prefecto corner overflow

sump: custom acrylic - see picture below

stand: custom hard wood stand - see picture below (not going to be that color tho)

controller: Aqutronica
http://www.aquatronica.com/products-1/c ... its/acq001
2 x 8 plug power strips
2 x dosing pumps
2 x temp probes
1 x ph/redox/density probes
1 x float switch
1 x internet port

I have skimmer, pumps, heaters and other mis equipment
7bee3-Sump.img.jpg
26a8b-Stand.jpg
30eda-Stand w sump.jpg

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

wtf are you using to draw this stuff ? looks good.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

its a program called graffle on my mac....what no suggestions

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

none..that sump looks pro ...

gumbii

by gumbii

i like the refugium and skimmer placement... you aren't going to get that much input in this website... hit up the guys from www.reefcentral.com...

i'm kind of a newb when it comes to huge complicated systems... and i doubt that anyone that frequents the forum here has a setup like this... not that everyone is poor like me... but just because we just aren't at that level yet... or i'm not...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

JESUS !!!!!!!!!!! You need to go into business for that crap! You should be building professional systems. That looks AMAZING!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

OHH one question. Why a mangrove holder? Just curious. I just through mine in and they are growing great. I guess it would add to the professional look for sure.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

well since I'm making a custom sump its a little deeper than normal and my mangroves a small. If I just throw mine in they will sink to the bottom and the leaves will be covered with water and if I put a fish in the refugium I don't want him nibbling on the roots.

Has any one had any experience with the aquatronica controller it seems that this one is the best because it is expandable with new probes as they come out

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

what are you going to be housing in reef sps or softs. the filtration set up is realy good but id put in a carben reacter, and a phosebon reactor. i have a 3 tube carben reactor in mine. i just prefer activated charcol over pads you git a better resalt. as well as your drop tube put a cotten bag on the tube thay are cheep and very efectiv with a polypad under it. that way the poly pad will take care of any metals and un wanted cems that git into the tank.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

i want to have a mix of sps and softs more softs than sps but there are a few that an eye on... i was thinking of putting a bag on the drop tube but iv never heard of a poly pad so i will def look into that

My Ideas for up grades

12 posts • Page 1 of 2