Feeding My LTA

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

nicholas542

Feeding My LTA

by nicholas542

I'm having a little issue trying to feed my Long Tentalcle Anenome. Every time I put some food near his mouth the host Black saddle clown takes it away. He has even bit me a couple times when I try to feed the LTA. I cured the biting problem by using a long scewer stick, but he attacks that aswell.
394f1-clown.jpg

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Maybe hes just protecting the anenome....He might feel that your trying to attack it. Does he feed it at all?

nicholas542

by nicholas542

I've seen him spit food around the anenome. When I put a couple pieces of freeze dried krill in the tank he'll carry it to the anenome

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

What are you feeding it. Seen on a post the other day, a dude was using a plastic bottle, large one like a coke or something, and cut it down so from the neck down had enough height to cover coral. Put it over the coral and fed coral via the neck of the bottle. Kept the fish and other stuff away long enough for it to get a feed. Think he had it on a long stick to lower it over without getting his hand wet.
Actually found post have a look
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgu ... l%26sa%3DN

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thats a GREAT idea. As long as you keep your bottle clean. I dont really feed my corals though........My lfs has a LTA that hid itself under the rockscaping. There was a huge underwater cave and the LTA took up the whole thing. No lie he was probably a foot wide. The foot that is. He sold him for 85 bucks. Absolutly gorgeous! He never fed him.......the clowns did it, or the anenome just ate fish poo. He had the anenome in the same place for 5 years. Never touched it or anything. It never moved either. Awesome creature!

singapore

by singapore

my lta just died on me today. my urchin suddenly turned on it and ate it. damn things been in there forever and the urchin didnt touch it untill now.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Get rid of the urchin. They are aqua scape disasters.

Feeding My LTA

7 posts