otos

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

acerkai640

otos

by acerkai640

i finally got 3 otos today and well they are tiny. i think they are about 1" or maybe a tad smaller, but i didnt watch when i put them in and well i have only seen one since i put them in, about an hour ago. do they hide and eat or did the get eaten? or do they come out at night? thanks for the help
-acer-

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

they are usually active, or out all day they are not "nocturnal" but they are prolly just a little skiddisk during the first month they are sensitive fish too if they make it through the first month or two they should be good but keep an eye on them for the first month or so that is when most loose them they are usually in bad shape at the stores so just make sure they have plenty to eat and are not being bullied and i would get a few more they work better in larger groups

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

I have had mine for like 5 months and they ALWAYS hide
maybe not at night but usually under a rock or somewhere else where nothing can find it...

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

mine are out all the time. happy lil fellows. I'v got 2...about the same size, an inch-ish. Very active.

acerkai640

by acerkai640

well i found mine this morning hiding in one of the plants that i have and they have been there all day.
-acer-

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I bought 5 of these little catfish about a month ago. I tend to always see 3 of them active, day or night. The other two hide most of the time. I once used a flashnight at night, and I saw all 5 of them grazing the glass.

So your cats are probably hiding behind a fixture. You will know if any die because your water quality will go way down.

These fish are timid, so do not think they are dead. Use a flashlight at night, you may just find them grazing your glass or live plants at night.

otos

6 posts