Goin to the Shits....

80 posts • Page 1 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

blueshoes2208

Goin to the Shits....

by blueshoes2208

well guys.... i think my tank is a bad luck charm....... since i got it over the summer i have still not moved out..... im failing college...... and i was an all A in high school...... i still only make 70 cents above minimum wage and i have almost been there 3 years..... i still have no gf...... all my friends are getting new cars and im stuck with mine which now is leaking tranny fluid and i have an oil leak....... soo..... life sucks right now..... to tell yall the truth the tank is the only thing that is keeping me optimistic......

snowboss

by snowboss

well .......it is friday...................lol

hey man, chin up............everyday is a new deal.............i know it's easy for me to sit here and tell you its gonna be ok, but really ....it is

you have to go through everything you go through to make you the person you are, life would be no fun if you had it easy all the time, you wouldn't have a personality of any kind, you wouldn't be able to relate to us real people who all have problems and you would be a very boring person .....................which you are not

so although it looks pretty shitty out there right now................i promise, there is a reason.................your not in debt up to your ass with new car payments and crazy insurance every month, your not dumping crazy money into diners and movies and trinkets for a GF, your not paying crazy rent and utilities so you can say you don't live at home, your driving a classic car with personality reguadless of it's condition, your going to school and just need to try a little harder cause you know you capable,your in and maintaining one of the hardest hobbies out there and you can laugh at yourself .........................I'd say your in pretty damn good shape man ................cause late at night when the lights go out and your staring at the dark, all your buddies are stressing about their car payments and rent and if their girls are out fucking somebody and they are very ALONE.............................................

it gets better.......................i promise ........................take a deep breath and enjoy the weekend bud

Snowboss

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

I JUST moved out of my Dad's house, and I'm 21. I mean, being a girl is a little different, but my brother moved out around the same age, so go figure.

As far as girls go, it's much better to find a girl when you DON'T have money. That way you find someone who knows how to have fun without bleeding your wallet dry, and at least you know she's not a golddigger. Trust me... we exist. We're just a bit harder to find because it's easier to be a golddigger than to actually make it on your own.

College is HARD. And expensive. I dropped out because I couldn't afford it, and I didn't like how quickly the debt was racking up in my student loans. I definitely admire you for going. I had a really good job when I got my car, so I was able to buy it outright, but keep in mind it was ten years old at the time, and needed some serious work, so it wasn't exactly a Lexus. Volkswagens rock, though. Never lets me down. Except when the battery died, that sucked.

Anyway, try to keep that optimism going. Sounds like you're in a rough patch... but things will change. They MUST change. They always do. Sometimes they get better and sometimes they get worse, but nothing ever stays the same. It's all in how you view it.

Um. That's probably not as great advice as I thought it would be... but I've been through some pretty rough times myself, and that's what I've learned. It's comforting in a weird way. Hopefully.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

dude, my friend just won $75,000 on a $5 scratch off and he got about $56,666 in the end after taxes. He made the dumbest decision to go out and buy a '98 corvette for $20,000 which he thought was a Z06, turns out it isn't. And he got pissed. I just came back from lunch and seen a 2006 mercedes SLK that was being privately sold for $17,000. I thought to myself, wow, people who get chances with large amounts of money are usually just idiots and they go out and blow it anyways. If I had money right now, I would be investing like a mad man after I found out who the president is gonna be. Stocks are cheaper than they have been in 5-10 years and now is the time for the average person to make it big. You can buy stocks as low as $0.01 that were $10.00 a week ago, you would have to be stupid to have money and not invest.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

work harder....... kinda harsh i know but its the truth......

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well......... i really didnt think that i would get that kind of replies that fast from you guys............. right now because yall are all older than me and have mroe experience in actually living a life you guys are pretty damn valueable and i really do appreciate yall giving me advice..... that is one thing i can never get enough of thats for sure. Im beginning to see yall more like brothers and sisters in the fact that I am an only child. I dont really knowwhat im going to do about most of the problems im having. Maybe im just taking harder classes than i originally thought, in most of my classes about 60- 70 percent of students are failing them. Has anyone ever thought about moving out into the middle of nowhere just to be by yourself or is that just me?
Again thanks for helpin me out here, this is a lil different from the normal topic of why a fish died or what skimmer to get haha
Oh and on my school, i dont ever tell people this because i respect it but im actually going to school for free and getting about 1900$ back a semester in my bank account, i just dont spend it because of any problems i might come across.
Did anyone else come across these problems when they graduated HS?

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

I guess you'd have to be more specific about "these problems". I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I've often thought of moving to the middle of nowhere with a shitload of guns and ammunition, and just having a rainwater collection thingy and growing my own food and stuff, occasionally going into town for toilet paper and the like. Especially with the economy the way it's going.

Luckily, I already LIVE in the middle of almost-nowhere, and I have a trusty pit bull to lick intruders to death. Her slobber and cuteness are pretty lethal.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

well lets see i ....barley...graduated HS, went to a culinary school that cost me about 50k. Got all strung out on meth and was broke broke broke.....for about 2 years, i lived off 200bucks amonth that sucks especially in scottsdale airzona. But hey i graduated top of my class and 120lbs lighter.......ha....
Moved back home and was making ok money but i was 21 and though that girls and booz were more inportant than paying my bills. And it eventully cought up with me my car got repoed and barley had a place to live. So one day i decided to just say fuck it to the rest of the stuff in my life and just started working my ass off 2... sometimes 3 jobs anywhere from 70 to 100 hour work weeks, they were normally around 80hrs a week i went about 6 months wothout a day off. It sucked but it got my shit stright. During this prosses i meet my soon to be wife and am now at the point that i dont have to work my ass off any more, mind you i still do because i love my work. And i am making fairly good money now aroud 40k with mobuses and whatnot. But i will stress this i am still paying for my mistakes of the past.... but all that other shit, having a girlfriend a nice car... all that it dosent matter when i met my girl i didnt even have a car. Life works out at its own time.

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Way to go, dude. :D That's awesome, kicking meth and getting yourself together.

snowboss

by snowboss

it is pretty amazing how these little creatures kinda put all the chaos and speed of life into perspective.............we all seem to have had good times and bad times {some worse than others} but no matter how stressed, behind, upside down and inside out my life gets, at the end of the day i find myself just calmly staring into my tank and feeding my lil ones and everything is alright .................

"this too shall pass" is a good quote i've heard used over the years and eventually .....................it does.................

all enjoy the weekend

The Snowboss

Goin to the Shits....

80 posts • Page 1 of 8