Frog got sucked up the hose!!!

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

OMG! I am having one insane day!!

I use one of them python water change systems and while I was doing the gravel vac I sucked up one of my African Dwarf Frogs!! Poor Freddy! By the time I turned the valve switch the right way to shut off the flow (I was panicked and couldn't find it!) the poor girl was halfway down the hose!! I turned the water back on, put a strainer over the sink drain and sucked her the rest of the way thru. 25 feet of hose! Poor baby! In a panic I left both ends of the hose out and flooded the floor in front of the tank and then my kitchen floor! I have been using the thing for over a year now and that has never happened before!

My cats have watched that hose every water change for a year and a half and they ALMOST got rewarded for it this time!

Oh my poor frog! I hope she is OK, she looks OK, just a tad freaked it all. Maybe next time she wont swim over to see if there are worms in it!

Whew!

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

That is scary, but I gotta say, that frog maybe needed to learn that lesson. Glad everything turned out ok! I'd feel so bad if that happened to me and the little guy died while I was trying to get him out.

Good quick thinking.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I was so scared she was going to die!! When she popped out into the strainer she tried to hop away, so I had to cover it with my hand and RUN back to the tank to dump her back! I did not clean it as good as I wanted to, but that was enough for one day!

I keep checking up on her. She has been in one spot hiding in a plant since then but is starting to move around now.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

gives a whole new meaning to "water slide world" amusment parks eh? lol

glad to hear the lil girl is gonna be ok ........frogs are pretty tough creatures, i just wouldn't make a habit of fireing her through a tube though

my cats just scared my tank and got a clown fish to jump out and ate her last week ...........damn cats

Boss

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Water slide ha ha ha ha ha

My cats went NUTS! My hose is clear and each time I clean they chase a piece of food or what not down the hose. This time it was a moving critter! They will be pouncing the hose more now.

HOW did your cats scare a fish out of your tank??

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

we have 3 cats, one is just a kitten {4 months old} and she is a rotten brat cat, up on the counters, on my bed {BIG NO NO} in the trash and even climbing around in my tank stand, pulling on wires etc etc .....if i didn't like animals i'd kill her in a second {im kidding} but anyway, she finally saw the tank and has started stalking the fish and jumping from the floor bounceing off the glass ........which in turn has made the clowns jumpy, so im asuming she made one jump and it ended up out the bck of the tank and on the floor, we found a piece of it's tail ...................

Boss

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I have 5 cats! 2 Are my sons. I have one that is smallish and if she wasn't so small she could do some serious damage with her antics! She's also my second favorite one :-) A great way of keeping them in line and stopping a behavior is a squirt gun or squirt bottle. When kittens (still at times now) I would watch and as they start doing things not allowed they would get a squirt! Because you can get them without moving from across the room they associate the object or behavior as bad.

I have one that will drink the water coming out of the filter in my 10 gallon fry tank. Its funny to see, your looking in and glace up where the water is coming in and there is a pink tongue LOL.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol ....that is funny.............i wouldn't think my cats would like the taste of salt water - - but i guess pretty bright fish are just irresistable....oh well.........there are plans in place for a very large in the wall tank {my wife and I are building a new house soon} hopefully - -this stupid economy is screwing everything up at every step of the process...............

Squirt bottle huh? ....is that the same as a paint ball gun??????? LMAO - - -im kidding - - -i have one sitting here by my chair now, hehehehehehe this is gonna be fun

thanks, Boss

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Did you get your jollies squirting the cat yesterday Boss? hahahaha
Works, doesn't it?

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Put a touch of vinegar in that water and the cats will REALLY hate it! Plus it's safe to use for cleaning fish stuff and works great on limescale buildup. Although, if the cats are REALLY bad the whole house might smell like vinegar for a while...

12 posts • Page 1 of 2