deal or no deal???

21 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

deal or no deal???

by Snowboss4492

one of my local LFS is going out of business -- after only being open for about 5 months, they never got their salt systems off the ground.

anyway, they have a 30 gallon high tank and stand with regular flouresent lighting and a HOB filter and a 35 gallon hex with a stand, no top - - - iasked if they wanted to sell them.................she called today and said 250 for both tanks..............id like to get m cheaper but what do you peeps think?

i just don't wanna miss a deal - - - - im thinking sea horse tank and a FO lion tank as they are both like 30" tall

Boss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

whats the cost of the stuff brand new ? go there with 215 bucks, tell em this is all you have.they might go for it...whats the phone number i will call and see what they want for it. try to talk em down.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

You are the Pimp, Pimp!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

alas....momma said no, this friggin mortgage falling through on us has trashed our financials, because for some reason the lawyers still want to be paid for all their work.....................so i'm on a tight leash for awhile................lol

don't know about the the 29 high tank, never seen one and can't find one online, the 35 hex is around 300 just for the tank

thanks guys, but i guess it's no deal....lol

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

dude my LFS just went outta business too....... :( kinda makes me want to go sit in the corner and cry. BUT someone else is going in with a reef shop. so its all good I guess. They sold EVERYTHING for 45 to 60 percent off.....he was just trying to salvage SOME money I guess. I got 2 gallons of 2 part calcium and alk for 25 bucks. which was 50% off. Talk them down.......your not really losing anything if they say no....just an oppurtunity to spend money. you werent really looking into buying the tanks in the first place........so id try to talk them down.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

PLUS with the economy in the shit hole.........EVERYONE is selling there shit dirt cheap. Craiglist baby!

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Go in slam $150 on the table, explain what it is for. Walk to the display tanks and browse for a while (10mins or so) if they don't come get you to negotiate pick up the dollars and walk. As your leaving yell out from the door way NO WONDER YOU R CLOSING.
there are no friends in business

schigara

by schigara

Fishboy,

"PLUS with the economy in the shit hole.........EVERYONE is selling there shit dirt cheap. Craiglist baby!"

Thank god for another 8 years of trickle down(vodoo) economics! It has worked very well this time around too...huh? Gotta love the fuckin republicans ideology.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Everything is so messed up in our economy that both canidates sound like morons to me. I want to move to australia.

newbie916

by newbie916

If you guys are really interested in checking out what's the underlying reason of the potential collapse of our economic infrastructure. Take a look at www.fiatempire.com and look it up on U-Tube. It's an eye opener. My mentoring financial advisor showed it to me 2 years ago and when the stock market hit 14k last year. I put a majority of my clients assets into bonds and cash with very little stock exposure. They're loving me right now. Anyways, did you guys know that the "Federal Reserve Bank" is not owned or run by the Federal gov't, but by private owners.hmmm They are the main reason our dollar has depreciated in value by 90%, since the gold standard was lifted in the 1940's. Very interesting documentary you should check it out. Screw the presidential elections because no matter what, they are just puppets and have no real power anyways.

deal or no deal???

21 posts • Page 1 of 3