Addiction

22 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

Addiction

by fihsboy

Okay...we all know reef tanks are expensive......but for some reason.....I cant get ahead now that I have one. Its pretty sad. Everytime i start to get a little bit more money. BAM problem. I dont know if its I notice the problem because i have money to fix it.......or I just want to make it better every time I get ahead again........Anyone else have this problem??

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

its life bud..that happens with every hobby i think..i have a few hobbies i am realy broke..

dick_headers

by dick_headers

lol... I truly love people with passion. You are prolly one of them fishboy. I'm pretty sure you'll stay in the hobby. 4-5 years later, maybe earlier you'll set up a bulletproof salt water fish, reef or whatever tank, and you'll know every step you do is good and will feel like you can not do mistakes.. I always look back when I killed 3 coral beauty in 1 week, and I almost bought a 4th one cuz I just didn't belive that I can't keep them alive..
Time and books, and all your problems will dissapear.. Not the smart alleck, but on the friendly way

Sonny

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Nothing makes me happier then when I see young kids come in our house and ask me about it. And how it works and why. There were two girls about 8 years old and 10 that were so interested they couldnt get enough. They were my moms friends daughters..... They didnt want to leave our house because of the tank. My christmas list is going to be LONG this year. haha. Dear santa......i want an RO unit and a holding tank for my water and a bigger tank and a aqua C pro skimmer and an ATO and some doser pumps.....haha. Im stoked that i have a job interview tomorrow for a supervisor postion at Kohls. :) I work there now but im just a customer service rep, soooo more money to put in the tank! haha

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well.... i can honestly say im proud of you fihsboy, a supervisor position, arent you like 19?? im about to turn 19, worked at the same grocery store company for going on 3 years and im nowhere close to getting even acknowledged.. but back to the fish topic thing the aqua c remora with a maxi jet 1200 is rated for like 25- 75 gallons or something lke that and the remora pro with the mag drive 3 is rated for like 50 - 125 or something, since my tank is a 70 would the pro be better? or is it not worth the money

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Its like you need them to understand the heart ache you go through to keep such a beautiful setup I think. Nobody can really measure the hard work that goes into marine setups as someone that has actually done it.

SO TRUE SO TRUE

newbie916

by newbie916

Addiction, What's that:) Since I've started this hobby several months ago I promised my wife I'd only spend $1500 on my set up. She's been watching the credit card bill and told me that I've been averaging $500 a month on aquarium stuff. I think I'm up to $3500 and my wife was going to kill me, but I've gotten better over the last month and reduced my spending. My wife had to put me on a budget because it was getting insane, but I'm not an addict:)haha I'm glad you guys are in the same boat.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

im so addicted to.... all the things you do, when youre rollin round with me inbetween the sheets. All the sounds you make with every breath you take... haha jp

kei9th

by kei9th

my addiction is bad but im getting the withdrawls with my ich fish

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Yeah im 19, had the interview today. It went pretty well. my boss said the only problem she saw in me was that I am friends with everyone.......She said I can be nice.....but i cant be everyones friend. HA i was like.............is that a bad thing....I dont let people walk on me......but I dont walk on them either. N E WAYS.....budget....GOOD IDEA! I ended up buying a remora skimmer for 80 bucks. Has a crack in the collection cup....easy fix. The whole protein skimmerless is working well....BUT i still have to do excessive water changes. So ill still use the mangroves and algae scrubber......but back in with a protein skimmer......but this time a better one.

Addiction

22 posts • Page 1 of 3