Do they sell chastity belts for Mbuna?? LOL

9 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

So, I have a 10 gallon tank that has 11 Electric Yellow fry that are 1 month, 1 week old. Along with them is 12 of their half sibs that are 13 days old, and 3 little guys making it in the "grown-up" tank. So in all I now have 26 Yellow fry. I look in the tank around lunch time and danged if the mama of the first batch ain't holding again! Sheez!!! My male must be one sexy dude, huh? LOL

WHAT am I gonna do with all these little Yellow kids? I know my LFS will take some (I hope all) of them when they hit the 1- 1 1/2" mark and give me store credit as they sell. I have my fingers crossed! I am hoping to get enough credit to get a hood, filter and heater for my empty 30 gallon so I can raise fry to trade! That would be so awesome! I am going to leave the mama in the big tank this time since the older fry are now too big for her to release them in there with them.

Anybody have Acei spawn? I want Acei and Red Zebra fry now. They are so fun to watch!

I am a granny a zillion times over LOL

I love this pic! She looks so goofy! I LOVE that we can share pics like this now too! Wooo-whoo!
208fe-PICT0007.JPG

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

just show up to you lfs with them, they may not give you store credit, but they will most likley take them....

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Hah, that's funny. Congratulations on having a tank that your fish are comfortable enough in to breed.

You might have to get a special fry tank if this is going to be a regular thing and you want to have greater numbers of survivors. You can also list on craigslist or something, sell them for a few bucks.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

LOL Doom, I DO have a tank set up for fry, it has a bunch now. I need a BIGGER one if they keep at this! I want to set up my extra 30 gallon, maybe put dividers in to create a couple different areas for different size fry. I will let her stay in the big tank this time. She is a white belly morph and her fry are a very light yellow, so I don't think they will sell as well as my second batch which came from a deep yellow mama. Her fry are only 2 weeks and already a deep yellow with strong black markings.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

girls... i swear.... haha

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Oops! In my head I had like a 55-gallon fry tank, heh. Sounds like your fishies are really having a great time, so it might not be uncalled-for.

I'd still try to sell some of them... there are plenty of fishkeepers out there who might appreciate the lighter fry.

Pics! I wanna see! :)

dizzcat

by dizzcat

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Well, see now? I should have figured out a chastity belt! I have yet another Electric Yellow spawning right now! She has all the males excited too. They are vibrating like mad at ANY female that is coming near today, not just their "harem girls".

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

You should start a business and become the local supplier. Seriously, you could make good scratch that way.

9 posts