Just fer Gumbii

50 posts • Page 4 of 5

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well..............im not a 20 something any more, lol

i'll be 40 in february,

ive never had a fresh water tank, and have been researching salt for a couple years on and off and my wonderful wife bought me my first 20 long salt set up and i've been upgradeing it ever since.......

we were about to close on a loan and start building a new house by the end of this month and this stupid finacial/government crap has screwed that up and we were denied after 6 months of work.........................we may have another option for financing though and should find out the first of the week, and hopefully be back on schedual..............

I will be building a 7 foot long, 30 inch deep 24 inch tall , in the wall tank with a tank room behind it, plywood epoxy with star fire glass front, I can't wait to build a house around my fish tank, LOL

will be married 1 yr on the 29th and have a beautiful 16 yr old step daughter, easy A1, lol

i own my own landscape / exca vation business "Deer Dynamics LLC" and struggle daily to keep the lights on and food on the table, but after loseing my ass in a very nasty divorce several yrs ago I woudn't trade a dollar for happyness.................my wife and I dated 21 yrs ago as ccute little puppy love high school sweethearts............i even gave her her first "real boyfriend" kiss, lol she says i gave her her first beer too, although i don't remember that part, oooppps.......................and after al these years of making our own mistakes and haveing failures and successes, here we are together again and happy as can be ..........................

thats basically the Snowboss in a nut shell, ..............see, I'm not a mean old man, just a big teddy bear with a pissy face,,,,,,,LMAO

later all

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Awww, what a sweet story Boss! I will cross my fingers on the new house!

My ex-bro-in-law had built a whole wall tank in his old house years ago. He had this little room, and every time he had a get together everyone ended up in there! The tank was like 5 feet high by 8 feet long and was awesome! He had the most beautiful saltwater fish in there. I guess it just got to be too much and when he moved he never set it back up.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

dang boss... i kinda thought you were bankin it...... i can certainly see why you vavlue happyness so much, thats another reason for me getting into this hobby, i have absolutely no luck with girls so i thought this would be a better of keeping me happy and getting a taste of my career at the same time.

On the other hand dizz you got ne pics of your daughter? hahaha

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

blueshoes, why do you have no luck with girls ?
boss did you have the pissy face in the wedding pics ..lol ?

pimpin aint easy........ but it's fun :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

now Blue, this isn't a feel bad for Boss post, but I'll thumbnail the lose for ya, so you can see that life is SSSSOOOOOO much more important than the almighty dollar - -

i was married for 9 years to my X, no kids and between us we made 140,000 a yr in Kansas..................then she decided to go elswhere and divorced me, i just laid down like a beaten dog and let her have everything

i lost 2 boats, 2 pick-ups, 5 Porsches {3 totally restored, 1 set up for autocross and 1 daily driver} 4 motorcycles {2 classic fully restored MotoGuzzi, 1 tour bike and an Eddie Lawson replica sport bike ZR1100S, a 3 bedroom house on 4 acres and 250,000 dollars in investments - - - -ALL gone in a matter of 3 months

I had ulcers, worked like friggin mainiac, never did anything fo me, just worked to get her stuff and me stuff

and i wouldn't take any of the stuff or money back for a second if i had to give up my life now............................

So yeah i sit here almost 40 yrs old and smile for the first time in my life looking into my little 20 long salt tank with my wife sitting next to me........life IS good

just a note, i have new toys now, but they mean a lot more now - - - couple jeeps, and a Nissan 350Z convertable that i co-own with my step father, 2 older{a 99 arctic cat 500SS and 01 Skidoo Formula III 700triple} but really fast snowmobiles and of course my company equipment, excavator, skid steer, dump truck and all the cool tools and toys that go with that

Well it's Sunday and i am happily getting ready to go to work , gotta get the trucks and equipment ready to push snow...........all be safe

SnowBoss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

pimp, i really have no idea what it is. About 2 years ago i stopped keeping count of how many girls i TRIED to date and at that point i think i had talked to like 17 but only hung out with like 4 and only kissed 1.. so now i have no clue how many it is, all my friends jus seem to meet girls everywhere and boom , boyfriend girlfriend.... theres alot of girls at my workplace but instead of trying to meet them and stuff 90% of the time my work ethic takes over, for some reason i view myself as a workaholic. when i was only 16 i was putting in 50 hours a week working to 3 am with school starting at 8.. i know thats not much in the real life but i had barely grew hair back then haha. I jus dont know what to say about girls... its jus so bad im beginning to think God himself is doing this to me...

Boss--- dude im not gunna lie, reading that kinda stuff jus makes me wanna go up to wherever you live an give you a hug or somethin... you sound like one of those people that lose everything in a hurricane but there dog and youre still happy. I wish i was that way. To be honest for me to be like you, I will never know how it feels until i have nothing. I know thats harsh but i know that is true. Im in a stage right now that if i see something i want ( not a girl) that can be bought with money and its a reasonable price... i will strait up work my ass off to get whatever it is. EX- me running as hard as i could on scout team my sr year to play on offense and ending up getting my knee torn apart... i was already starting on every special team but it just wasnt enough... thats the way my life is but i cant stop it.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

nothing wrong with drive at all man....and don't for a second think i just sit around with a stupid smile on my face letting life do what it wants to me, LOL {although i feel like doing that at times} If i want something i will find a way to get it, drive, hard work and honesty are the only true virtues left in this world and there's not many people - -especially young people like yourself that understand that things just don't get handed to you, So i would say you are WAY ahead of the curve my friend . . .and sooner or later when the time is right there will be 2 kinds of girls chasing you .....the ones that want you to be their "sugar daddy" because they see that you work hard and can take care of them......and the ones that have the same work ethic and want to go somewhere in this world and see you as a great partner to do it with ..............i would strongly suggest dateing the later....LMAO

and as far as a hug goes??? i'd rather have ya come up here to the mountains in NY and have a BBQ and spend some time on the boat or somethin, lol , but thanks for the thoughts, like i said it's wasn't a pitty party for Boss post

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

haha yeah bbq sounds good right now, another example of how young i am is if there wasnt a microwave or an oven id prolly starve. I grew up w/o a dad so i have no idea how to grill GOOD food. Im in that stage right now because hot dogs are cheap :) haha what can i say. If someone was to rate me by how i spend my money its all said in 4 words : BANG FOR THE BUCK . thats pretty much my philosophy for life as of right now. I jus wish i could see you guys and take a look at your tanks and stuff... i feel like such a dumbass looking at all the display tanks in my lfs haha i was in there for prolly an hour and a half the other day jus picking out my rock haha. I saw that drfostersmith has a new rock, fiji fancy branch, and it was like after shipping like 175 or something for 24 lbs i think it looks nice but its still a lil expensive, i jus kinda need more rock now preferrably so that i can get all of it curing and stuff ( mine is fully cured right now) and thoughts about finding some on ebay for sale?

seankh

by seankh

it feels like i need to post some pics of myself to..
a7ede-463250414_l.jpg

seankh

by seankh

ok now i feel like i fit in again
503c0-000_0388_0002-1.jpg

Just fer Gumbii

50 posts • Page 4 of 5