cooling down 300watts!

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

cooling down 300watts!

by fihsboy

Invest in a good pair of fans? install them at both ends of the hood making the hot exhaust go out either end OR splurdge and get a chiller?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i would face one in and one out - -to circulate fresh air in there - - it should help with O2 transfer as well, point one at the water a little

you could build the redneck chiller too.....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha :) I have been tempted to try the redneck chiller. :) The back of my hood is open........the full length of the lights.........Thats why I said put them going out.......But what ever you guys think.....I can always reverse the way they are pointing if its not working right. what if i just get a fan in the back of it.......say maybe a 6 inch fan?

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

redneck chiller What is this, do you all have plans

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Snowboss came up with it. Basically its a fridge....with a hole drilled in the side for piping to run through.....The more piping......the more chill factor. It is only theory of course, I dont think he has tried it......and I know I havent. :) Trust me....I think its a great Idea! and I would LOVE to try it.......when everyone stops loosing jobs and the market gets a little better........working retail when no one is buying SUCKS. But basically the more pipe you put in the fridge.......the more cooling you will get.....another added feature is the fact that you can put your food in the fridge for your fish. A used chiller would cost you at least 150....if you made this yourself it would probably be around 120....If it chills TOO much.......get rid of some pipe and bam....its not as powerful.......and vis versa. Boss is genius!

cooling down 300watts!

5 posts