is my dinner good for the tank?

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

singapore

by singapore

my dad bought a big bag of clams for dinner. i know that some people buy some clams to filter their water in their tank.

are these clams able to survive in my tank?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i would be woried about bacteria or somthing along those lines. i dont think its a good idea, but idk sorry
pimp

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Speaking of that.........we had a (friends) son over yesterday......and he was eating cookies and milk.....well....he looked at my calcium bottle and asked me what I did with that.....And I asked him not to touch it that it could hurt him. but I put it in my water to make the corals stay healthy like you drink your milk. Soo......that was the wrong thing to say.......He goes to my (experiment tank) THANK GOD! and pours the rest of his milk in my tank...........I didnt realize it until today when my whole room started to smell like weeks old rotton milk! so watch what you tell the little guys! haha they take it to heart

schigara

by schigara

I'd experiment with a shoe upside his head! heh joke, not really but yeah.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

damn .................lol....the inocents of a child eh..............

my cousin is an elemetary school teacher and was telling me the other day that she had a good class this year.............and the other day a young boy was in class with his shoes on the wrong feet so she reassured him that he had done a good job tieing them and such but he needed to take em off and put them on the other feet ..he starts crying and after a bit she gets him to say whats wrong...................he says to her "these are the only feet i have" poor lil guy ....lol

about 100 yrs ago my baby sister toasted a VCR tape ......thinking she could watch cartoons in the kitchen

VCR tapes is what we used to watch movies on before DVD's {for you younguns, lol}

Boss

singapore

by singapore

do i need to feed them filter feeder food or do they just get food from my water?

jweb1369

by jweb1369

I hope the little Pre-K kids in my aunts class enjoy the aquarium I setup in her classroom. It got good reviews from all the teachers =).

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well they are going to sift your sand for crud......most clams live in high nutrient water........Thats why the crocea clams have to be fed daily or every other day. I try to keep my water as prestine as possible......if you feed them target feed. But for the most part they will probably be in your sand bed sifting.

8 posts