question about lobsters

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

blueshoes2208

question about lobsters

by blueshoes2208

hey im not a freshwater blogger but my mom has a 1500 gallon pond with a max of 3.5 to 4 feet, lots of plants and a big filter w a uv sterilizer... i was just wondering if it would be possible to put one of those lobsters that get like a foot in it.... figure it would be a cool present to give her

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

It will probably climb out of the water when it gets big and come into the house. They do come out of the water and travel long distances to find another lake, stream, or pond to live in.

MonkeyChunks

by MonkeyChunks

I am pretty sure teh big variety of lobster likes saltwater. The pond is probably freshwater. Also if its really big it could hurt your mom. Maybe you could get her some koi fishes instead? I heard they are pretty hardy.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yeah we have several koi, max length of only about a foot right now, we had much bigger ones but we had a mishap when cleaning the pond once

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Why would you think of putting a saltwater lobster in a freshwater pond, and with expensive coy as well? Even a freshwater crayfish would possibly injure the coy if it got big enough.

adamcore

by adamcore

There are some freshwater lobsters you can buy as well as crayfish and what not
check them out at this website http://www.azgardens.com/shrimpfactory.php

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

A lobster or crayfish will DEFINITELY crawl out, and if it doesn't go into the house it will most likely get lost and die on dry land, unless it finds another damp place to hang out. Either way it will probably nip at all your fish.

You know, you can put tilapia in a pond, and they are pretty cool-looking. At the San Antonio zoo they have huge half-pond habitats for various animals, and they have a whole lot of tilapia for some reason. Plus, if they spawn and make too many, you can just eat them!

You can also put mollies in a pond, but if it's pretty big they might be too small.

question about lobsters

7 posts