ok need some more help with lights

18 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

k so im jus waiting on the money for my skimmer in the mean time i thought i mind as well not waste time on asking everyones opinions on these lights since they are not name brand. My tank is a 70 and im planning on fowlr and MAYBE mushrooms or something idk depends on what fihsboy say idk.
http://cgi.ebay.com/24-Metal-Halide-Aqu ... m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/24-Metal-Halide-Aqu ... m153.l1262

feel free to tell me they suck or if the gotta big bang for the buck or what

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I think both are a great deal. Specially the second one. It reminds me alot of the Coralife series without the price. Well...It's a bit gambling, because there's no brand name. I did not read the description all the way. Does it comes with warranty?
The second one has built in actinics on separated cords., so you can play with it before the halide comes on and after they turned off. Also comes with a 15000K bulb, which is one of the best IMO. It has a great blue/white spectrum.
Check the sellers feedback, what other costumers had to say about the light.
It is a great deal, no doubt!
Good luck!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

feedbacks seem fine... humm..... i think i need the skimmer first so ill prolly get that and then get my tank cycling hopefully the light stays in their store

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Tank Looks good from here, but I am quite some distance hey.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

that is gonna be an awsome tank man .........don't see many corner tanks around, you'll get points just for that......lol

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

you guys do realize that when i get it running its pretty much yall that built this tank

fihsboy

by fihsboy

nah its not us..... its you. Only you can dose your calcium and alkalinity and give it the love it needs. I have emailed past buyers of those lights on ebay....and every one of the customers said that it works great. But I think a downside is they use magnetic ballasts......which draws more energy. I have been looking at that as well for quite some time. Your paint job looks great man! Your getting there pretty quick! I started 6 almost 7 months ago to go where I am.....and if I could do it again......I would have been more patient. Waited and bought a bigger light, did the plumbing on my tank a little better. Drilled the tank to put an overflow in. Little stuff that sounds like no big deal.......that would have made it easier in the long run. Your doing great! We can help, but only you can make the final say.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

idk man i jus read a lil, you guys are the one that have answered pretty mcuh every question i can think of as of now.. so pretty much i might be driving the race car but yall are the machanics that built it.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol..................any body know Micheal Schumakers front right tire man???????????

ok i made my point............you get the credit and well deserved for the work bud....looking good

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

k well... i guess back to the lighting the first would put me at 3.57 watts per gal and the second would put me at 5.43 watts per gallon, my room stays pretty hot year round, fan off prolly close to 80 in summer and 75 in winter... fan on prolly around 65- 70, should i be looking at the over heating factor with certain lights?

18 posts • Page 1 of 2