Additional Filtration for 24Gal, please advise

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

supertank

by supertank

hi guys, im of the understanding that you can not have enough filtration. so i am looking to get another filter for my jewul rekord 120, which currently has a column which contains 4 sponges, one of which is a carbon pad. and also a little white pad. this has a pump at the top which is 400lph. i assumes this is a powerhead. i have been looking online at other methods of filtration. could you give me some suggestions of good additional filtration.

i have seen these kind of external filters on ebay. whats the verdict??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0081824240

thanks for your comments

supertank

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I can't see how big that is and I never know what gallon per hour is what. I rely on how many gallons it's supposed to filter. It looks pretty nice to me.

supertank

by supertank

New External Filter, Suitable for tanks upto 400 Ltr.

This External Aquarium filter is both suitable for Fresh & Sea water fish tanks.

It comes with all fittings: hose, spray bar, all connections and Biochemical cotton.

The Filter has 3 different compartments for filter media. (not included)

Filter Media: Bio Balls, Bio Blocks, Ceramic Rings, Activated Carbon, Maifan Stones & Coral Sands are optional we sell all of these in our eBay shop if you wish to purchase them for your filter.

The filter is very easy to clean all you do is remove the 4 self closing clips on the lid then lift the filter trays out and once the filter media is clean just put the lid back on pull down the 4 clips and its all done.

Product Spec.

Flowrate: 1000 L/h

Selfpriming

Water Volume: 8 Litres (Approx)

H-Max: 2 Meters

Voltage: 220-240v

Power: 18w

Dimensions: 232 X 232 X 395mm (W) X (W) X (H)

this is the spec. i think it seems to be more that addicuate to filter a 26gal

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Get it, and when water perams get better you'll never have problems again.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Oh yea. It doesn't come with media for the upper compartment. Buy ceramic stars, or whatever else you can find. If you can't afford them yet just run the filter without them for now. Looks like a great filter.

supertank

by supertank

yea i have been looking at different types of media, there seems to be alot of ceramic tubes, charcoal, and bio balls. they all seem to have different purposes. but li you said i could purchase the filter first and then add the special media later. this would maintain high water quality and if i had to i could re-sell it and not loss to much money.

ebruenin

by ebruenin

That looks like a nice filter. I have 2 canisters and can't be happier.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

*puts a metric conversion gadget in his sidebar*

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Just be careful going with non name brands. Sometimes they tend to malfunction more than name brands. If it works well let us know.

supertank

by supertank

I asked the ebay seller, actually an ebay shop. about the make of the product and he said it is a sun sun. which from wat i read is an asian manufacturer which makes fluval and marineland. i dont no. seems good for the price but does that mean there will be prob with it. awwwww. decisions decisions

12 posts • Page 1 of 2