I'm hoping to upgrade to a larger tank -- need your input!

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

you know z i found the eaysiest way to do water changes is witl gallon water jugs......... I dont know if they are still doing it but i know petco was having a sale $1 a gallon....

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Right now I use one of those cheap, manual, suction hoses. It can be a little messy to use because my tank sits up high, leaving more room/time for spillage between the tank and the bucket on the floor. My tank sits on an elevated surface so that the top edge of the tank reaches about 5"8", measured from the floor. This makes the viewing area of the tank sit right at eye level.

No matter how hard I try, I spill water just by standing *near* my tanks.....it's just me though.... I've considered getting a Python, but my water needs to be added to the tank slowly (I'm assuming) because my tap pH is around 8.4-8.6 and it is only the driftwood in my tank that reduces it to 7.4-7.6. I can't dump a ton of 8.4 water in there all at once.

Zambize

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I guess it depends on the fish you have, but my 35 gallon planted tank has very large pH swings sometimes and the fish still stay alive. When the co2 is on the pH is close to 6.0 and off close to 8.0. I'm going to try to avoid shutting down the co2 to keep the pH swings down so I can add some rasboras.

I'm hoping to upgrade to a larger tank -- need your input!

13 posts • Page 2 of 2