awsome discovery

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

awsome discovery

by Snowboss4492

about 2 years ago i built a cute little ater feature for my parents anniversary {cause i'm the good son} lol so my stepfather goes to the store and gets about 10 feeder goldfish just to see what happens - - well they are about 8 inches long now and last year he bought 6 Koi - - -pretty common cheap ones {he doesn't like to spend money} and they are getting close to 8-10 inches and all the fish have been moved to a pond i dug for them {again cause im the good son} and now everyone has spawned and we have litterally 100 or more babies {1-4 inches now}

so i'm down at the pond yesterday and throw in a handfall of "koi chow" and watch the lil fellas eat and in the middle of the pack is 2 maybe 3 bright blue koi - - i didn't know they could be blue ??? prettiest koi ive ever seen - - -i did some resaerch but can't find much of anything on blue koi - - -any body got any info?? rare? retarded? just a fluke?

i translated them into their "proper" name as best i could - - i believe they would be called Ai - Inazuma {blue -lightning} because of the markings

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I've never seen bright bule coy. It sounds gorgious and worth re-breeding. Gumbii will be along in a bit. He's big on goldfish/coy.

We used to have a pond full of those bug eyed bloated belly goldfish as well as a bunch of huge snails till the pond dried up. I guess I could have made some money back then if I'd known they were exotic and worth something.

gumbii

by gumbii

do they have dragon rolls or dragon scales... usually they do... i had some platinum ogon dragon scale and they were a blueish color... blue koi aren't uncommon...

look up asagi... ogon... ginrin... and um... kin rin... those all have the metalic blue hue to them... or they should... lol...

snowboss

by snowboss

their still pretty little and getting close to them is out of the question right now so i can't see their scales yet

gumbii

by gumbii

let me find one that actually shows the dragon scales or rolls...

gumbii

by gumbii

like this...

http://www.pokoi.com/koi/shusui2.jpg

or like one of my favorite koi GIN RIN matsyuba or something... i call them raider koi...
http://www.koiid.com/cd/images/gin_rin_ ... ke_008.jpg

snowboss

by snowboss

ill try to get a pic of these guys - - -they're blue like a smurf.........

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

wow sounds like its that genetic fluke that out of so many you jus happened to get lucky and get some badass ones.. i had an incident like that... i dont think you will find it as exciting haha but i feed my leopard geckos some superworms and i happened to have an albino worm :) cant you see how much fun im having in west texas... good discovery though, worth some money if they hold no sentimental value

gumbii

by gumbii

nope not a fluke... very common...

wait until he gets older... he's just a gin rin or mutsaba ogon... i have them in my ponds all the time... but they aren't worth much...

if you check out a normal carp, they are a blueish tint as fry... so the asian people started culling these blue ones out... they aren't worth much... the ones that are worth bank are the ones that are colored, or have different types of scales and sheen... i let them live, and give them to the LFS...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well thats par for the course for the Boss...........i have a pure white boxer too.....she's te best dog in the world "Lexi" {A Lexus Honu Carrara 4} her father won the Eukanuba cup 4 yrs ago now and her mother is a best inclass winner multiple times................one of her littermates went to India for 3500.00 bucks - - and the others all sold in the 1500-1800 dollar range............ so I have a championed blood lined Boxer that worth absolutley nothing because of her color and i wouldn't trade her for a new kidney {if i needed one} the ABA doesn't recognise white as an acceptable color and they usually destroy white ones so they don't get bred ....really is a shame...............Lexi is the bomb and sooooooooo pretty - - - i've heard her bark once in 3 years - - -so i'm happy with my cool lil worthless blue Koi ....lol

Boss

awsome discovery

11 posts • Page 1 of 2