heres a new one!LOL

9 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

angus4481

heres a new one!LOL

by angus4481

i got home from work today and found my XXL crab having a party.he had drinks, a buzz, and he was wearing the top to my protien skimmer, like a hat..LMFAO..WTF is he doin i said. so i got the cam out and took a few snaps. when he noticed the camera flash, he got embarassed like a little kid, and quickly jumped into his old shell.lol... ill put the picks on here..... it was the craziest sh*t iv seen in my tank

angus

gumbii

by gumbii

um... okay...

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

do those kinds of crabs grow out of their shells? perhaps he was looking for a new one.

snowboss

by snowboss

lol ....mycrab does some crazy crap too......i have a 3 inch bubbler disk in there and covered it with rocks we brought back from a vacation . . .for some reason the crab doesn't like the rocks piled up - - -everyday i stack em up and by the time i get home from work he has em spread all over the tank ........and at night he watches TV with us.........seriously........he stands at the front of the tank looking out and if we turn the tv off in a matter of a minute or so he goes about his business in the tank, turn it back on and in a few minutes he's right back in his spot - - - -i'm looking for a tiny recliner for him if any one knows of one thats salt water safe.........lol

crabs are cool creatures

can't wait to see the pics

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

My stepmother did her thesis on fiddler crabs. It's cool how they move that big claw in rapid jerky movements for display. I was thinking I'd make a wet/dry tank with a sandy beach so they could dig burrows out of the water. I can't stand not letting them get out of the water. It's not natural.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

I caught some kind of saltwater crabs once before i had any knowledge of animal keeping ....I think theyre little ears popped on the 9 hour + flight back because when I got them home they werent happy.

angus4481

by angus4481

did you check out the pics? hes been acting a little bit salty lately. iv been lookin for a bigger shell, but cant find one bigger than the one he has.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

LMAO......thats some funny shit ....crabs are great.................he might be getting ready to molt ....my crab went back and forth from his original shell to a large one for like a month then molted and went to the big one....he's molted 3 times since i got him ..................the coolest thing is he's an anemone hermit and takes his anemone with him when he changes shells - - - - i think you should get some shells for him to shop around in and test drive - - -i read somewhere that if they don't have a large enough shell to move into they won't molt and it can kill em, they just kinda split open and thats it................that would suck man

Boss

angus4481

by angus4481

i know. i talked to my lfs guy and hes lookin for me, he hand picks stuff from a warehouse. im trying to get him to call me and take me with. i wanna see th cool sh*t they have

heres a new one!LOL

9 posts