cramped quarantine

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

singapore

cramped quarantine

by singapore

not even sure i spelled that rite...

anyways. is it safe to keep two oc. clowns, two clarkii clowns, two blue damsels, a longnose butterfly, engineer goby, and a neon psuedochromi in a quatantine tank together. im treating for ich. and i know they all need to be out of the display tank for the parasite to die. the display is 55gal...but the quarantine is only about 12-15gal. there is a divider in it so that one or two fish may be sectioned off, but thats about it...help anyone?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i've never had to QT fish {yet anyway} but i would be afraid of them fighting for space - - how long are you looking at for the QT to last ? i know the last thing we all want to do is spend un needed money but i would go to walmart or something and pick up some cheap "hello kitty, little mermaid or barny" tanks for 15-20 bucks and set up 3-4 QT tanks and then give em to the neighborhood kids or something - - but im sure the clowns will fight and the dams are just mean anyway

thats my thoughts.............Boss

singapore

by singapore

its gonna be for at least two weeks. i need to let the parasite run its course in the main tank before i put all my fish back in. . .

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i hate to say it but i'd get 2 - 10 gallons and divide them into 5's 2 clarks in one 2 percs in the other dams next to clarks and butterfly next to percs and then let the goby and psudo resid in the exsisting divided - - -sorry man but i think the stress of being so cramped might killem if they don't kill each other trying to "naturally" fit in their new environment- - -they don't understand "temporary" so they will try to establish their rightful space.........you know?

singapore

by singapore

yeah...ugh this hobby get more and more expensive.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

amen brotha..........but a couple 10 gallon tanks would make a nice seahorse tank or a nano coral tank - - -ALWAYS think forward man

like when i get my in the wall tank done this 20 long i have now will become home to a single volitan lion named Bob ...lol

schigara

by schigara

Treating for ich, you are looking at more like 6 weeks minimum and as long as 8 weeks to be sure the display is clean and free of the parasite.

The life cycle has been stated to be 27-28 days, roughly. Most will also wait at least 4 weeks after the last sign of ich was visible on any fish.

I agree with Boss. A bit cramped in one 10g tank and will only compound the problem by added stress.

cramped quarantine

7 posts