Do I have a problem with my Six Line Wrasse

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gdeeber

by gdeeber

I noticed red coloring on my Six line wrasse today. I'm not sure if this is a disease or just a temporary color change in my fish. It's normal color is light green tail with deep blue body and red lines. Now it has large reddish coloring in the middle of it's body on both sides and looks normal at the tail end. Could this be a disease or just a temporary color change?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Mine did this last week.......It was blotched with red......but its gone now. Im not sure what it was....but it went away on my wrasse. btw......does your sleep under the rocks? Mine excretes some sort of web.......and lays on the bottom at night. When i first saw it, I thought he was dead. But he does it every night in the same spot. Any idea?

gdeeber

by gdeeber

I haven't seen my do that but I will watch for it. Thanks for the reply. I talked to LiveAquaria.com (the people I purchased the fish from) and sent them a picture with all the information on my tank and they said Wrasse's will change color as they mature and this could be the reason for color change. If not it could be a bacteria or a parasite.

singapore

by singapore

mine did the same thing.

a sort of mucous all over his body and he looked dead.

but he always came back...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Its really weird........hes doing it now. EVERY night. He lays under the same rock exreets mucus around his body.......and looks dead. Doesnt move or anything. Its in a place im thinking he feels safe. Its under a small shelf and i guess they rest....i dunno its cool. And my scooter blenny completly burries himself......you cant find him to save yourself.

5 posts