Mounting Morphs to LR?????????

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Hi all
Just been to the pet shop, not an aquarium, but they try to have some marine gear and fail badly. Every now and then i go in for a look. There was these 2 pieces of LR covered in blue, purple and green morphs, approx size around 10-15 mm. I asked for a price on them, and the young guy told me that i just buy the rock because they are nothing just extras growing on rock, like mushrooms in a field, pests if you like, just cut them of when you get home and clean rock. There was also a couple that had come away from rock and floating on bottom of tanks, he said i could have them as well
YOU RIPPER $7.50 for 1kg of LR Covered in Morphs. BARGIN BARGIN BARGIN
morphs are $30 plus on there own around here.
Wondering how the do you get the morphs that have come off to stay to a rock and how long should it take for them to stick.
Cheers

fihsboy

by fihsboy

String.........thats how my lfs does it. I just fragged a paly and just shoved it in the crevice.......fragged it wednesday and its attached now. I would say a week or two though. Just use some string or they make adhesive for it. That pet shop is losing some searious cash, get it while you can!

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

oohh yeah. going back monday to another shop like it to see if i can secure a deal like that again. What about rubber bands??????

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

if they are mushrooms glue wont work. put them in a small cup with crushed coral in it and cover with a piece of net for a week or so. also place them in low current area .

4 posts