CHECK EXPIRY DATES ON CHEMICALS

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Check Your EXPIRY DATES
in a post i had earlier COPPER IN MY DISPLAY TANK i thought i had put copper in to my main tank.
Thankfully i don't think it was copper. Maybe i just jumped to a conclusion to quickly..
I did have that silly block off valve in place but the inside was actually stainless steel but coated with an oxidization giving it a brown look. Any way its gone now. AND things had not improved much with the cuprisorb product that is meant to change to blue when a copper trace is found, which made me think deeper. My water conditions are generally great, i would almost say perfect, and because of this have held off doing any water changes out of experiment, i no stupid in itself but I took a water sample to the LFS and asked them to do a complete check of everything they could, even SG with their API test kits.
NITRATE on them is yellow 0-10ppm and i think Red 80-100ppm plus
MINE WAS REDDER THAN BLOOD. I was shocked and asked him to do the same test again.
SAME RESULTS. I took this exact water home, with a new kit SAME BRAND and tested it again at home. Old chems PERFECT READING new chems REAL BAD. It was the water parameters that where killing everything off, who noes what was next.
Now i no why there IS EXPIRY DATES ON THINGS.
every second day 20% water changes for a month and everything is coming back great. Now i make sure water changes happen at 10% every week without fail.

gumbii

by gumbii

i'm sorry if this comes off wrong... but...

are you asian...???

if you are, you type with an asian accent... if you aren't i'm sorry... please don't get offended...

and that's very interesting and great information to know... thank you for sharing... seriously... i never knew that those chemicals expire... i've never even noticed an experation date on them...

you learn something every day...

again... thank you... i need to replace my old test kits now...

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Thats ok but no im not asian, aussie actually, just a shit typer.
Cheers mate.

gumbii

by gumbii

hahaha... that's awesome... like i said, i hope you take no offense...

and i love australia... my friend has a pair of breeding cuckaburas... i love those gentle birds...

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

badass an aussie....... i would say g'day but you guys prolly think were fags

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

try to use dry chems when you can,i think it's the best way to add chems.atleast you will know there fresh,and not out dated.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Kookaburras are not always cute. Can attack if pissed off. Blueshoes now why would i think ur a fag.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

idk i jus think that austrailian people shuold only talk like that accent, i hate the brits when they talk like a redneck ( even though i dont) and think its funny... anyways dude you gotta pretty sweet tank im not gunna lie

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

I have an English mate who lives here now, does not take much to turn true blue once your here. He loves the place and has an aussie slang accent stronger than some of the blokes who have been liven here all there lifes.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

see it sounds like your all laid back, id lose friends if i started saying mate and bloke haha i live where the words yall, wanna, and worshin machine was made..

11 posts • Page 1 of 2