My 55 gal

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

My 55 gal

by Deltasigpony3648

Ok so i started a salt water tank like 4 weeks ago and i think its doing great but just looking for some more advice.

1) tank setup : i have a 75 gal powerhead for the top part of the tank and a 55 gal one for the bottom so there should not be any dead spots. I got a 4 x 65 watt light 2 x 10000k white and 2 x actinic and I got 100 gal protein skimmer.

2) Live rock: 20lbs of live sand, 40lbs of live rock

3) Invertebrates: 2 x red leg hermit crab, 3 x emerald crab, 2 x turbo snail, 10 x very small blue leg hermit crab, coral banded srimp, and some other crab.

4) Fish: 2 x half blue half yellow damsel, yellow cromis, 2 x scooter blenny, and some golby my girlfriend bought.

I know I got a little impatient with the fish buying but I have a really good fish store guy that helps me out a lot so i felt comfortable buying the cheep stuff. But what i want to know is can i start getting some cool plants and fish now?

binkii

by binkii

well....i think you should go out and buy a hardy fish that is a little more expensive...you don;t have to, but my first good fish was a sailfin tang. they are only about 40 dollars for a small one and they are great!! there are alot of good fish that aren't too expensive, but i really like this one...maybe you could too

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

personaly, i would hold off .your tank is new yet. its you tank and you are going to do what you want .but the only advise i can give from experince is take it slow . hope this helps good luck

tangerine

by tangerine

just out of curiousity, the pair of scooter blennies that you have,are they taking prepared food?

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

they were for a while and one day over night i just noticed that they were gone so i dont have them anymore

My 55 gal

5 posts