Ok so i started a salt water tank like 4 weeks ago and i think its doing great but just looking for some more advice.
1) tank setup : i have a 75 gal powerhead for the top part of the tank and a 55 gal one for the bottom so there should not be any dead spots. I got a 4 x 65 watt light 2 x 10000k white and 2 x actinic and I got 100 gal protein skimmer.
2) Live rock: 20lbs of live sand, 40lbs of live rock
3) Invertebrates: 2 x red leg hermit crab, 3 x emerald crab, 2 x turbo snail, 10 x very small blue leg hermit crab, coral banded srimp, and some other crab.
4) Fish: 2 x half blue half yellow damsel, yellow cromis, 2 x scooter blenny, and some golby my girlfriend bought.
I know I got a little impatient with the fish buying but I have a really good fish store guy that helps me out a lot so i felt comfortable buying the cheep stuff. But what i want to know is can i start getting some cool plants and fish now?
My 55 gal
Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.
- Posts: 1307
- Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:22 am
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:21 am