anyone else see this

8 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

a1k8t31524

anyone else see this

by a1k8t31524

gumbii

by gumbii

ha... marine pwnage...

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

shit that aint good...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

interesting article................im wondering how they traced the infestation back to a few aquariums damaged in a storm ............................................... i wonder how this willaffect the salt water fish market? will lions be banned as a nusance fish driving the cost up or will they be giving them away because there are so many...........and what of the fish they are eating? do forsee 50 dollar damsels in the future?????

and ....................18 inches??? wow i'd like to see and 18 inch lion fish

Boss

gumbii

by gumbii

i've seen a cople of volitons that are as big as basketballs... today i saw the biggest angler fish i've ever seen... it was the size of a cantelope...

and yes... it will affect LFS prices... just like how hippo blue tangs are really expensive right now... i just got a tiny one for 15 bucks, and my yellow tail blue damsels are kicking it's ass... fail...

jweb1369

by jweb1369

well eventually if it gets to were the lionfish are endagering other species divers will go and kill off some of the population. Just like they are doing with the starfish, umm whats it called... Crown of thorns, because they were eating all the coral reefs up.

gumbii

by gumbii

but the thing about the acanthaster planci that is eating the coral reefs is that it's a natural occurance gone wrong from global warming and fertilizers in the oceans... and they are hard to kill... if they go out to kill them every day for a year they are only going to kill 5% of the total population of the starfish...

the lionfish is just doing what it's designed to do... and if they have divers down there trying to kill them out it's not going to do a difference really...

human's caused it, and it's beyond our control now...

seankh

by seankh

Thats crazy. The same thing happened with Snake Head Cichlids in Virginia thats why the banned those fish and you cant buy them here no more.

anyone else see this

8 posts