This might be a weird topic?

41 posts • Page 2 of 5

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

i still dont exactly understand how an educator will help solve my problem. Can you tell me how it will benefit me? Um i have 4 return tubes and 2 going down into the sump. They are right next to the return, behind the two black boxes.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

i have a supreme magnetic drive utility pump model 12. It says it has 1200gph. I only have one and it has a T and is spilt for both of the outputs.

gumbii

by gumbii

dude search...

all i did right now is go to google, and typed in aquarium eductor and it gave me this website...

http://www.kthsales.com/website/vendors ... uctors.htm

check it out...
"Eductors use a venturi design, which enables small pumps to circulate large volumes of tank solution. When pumping is used for solution agitation, the use of an eductor will circulate four to five gallons of solution in the tank for every one-gallon you pump. If tanks are heated or require fume exhaust, a major cost saving is realized using solution agitation as opposed to air agitation -- air makeup and heat lost is reduced. In addition, the solution is not subject to the introduction of addition oil or dirt as a result of the air supply.

Tanks have used pumps without eductors for solution agitation for years. Now with the use of eductors, the efficiency of this process is increased. Eductors will reduce the energy consumption of the pump's motor and will probably allow a smaller and less expensive pump to be used to perform the same job. "

if you don't want to have alot of powerheads in that tank get some eductors to upgrade your water movement performance... srsly... they kick arse...

gumbii

by gumbii

littlej2455

by littlej2455

is the pumped that i have right now, not large enough for my tank?

littlej2455

by littlej2455

i have a 125 gallon. and it is a 1200phg

gumbii

by gumbii

it is large enough for a 1x over... but you need water movement... you need to clear out the dead spots you got... you might have good flow, but bad water movement... hence the shit on the sand... i have a 100g with 600gph pump for the wet/dry... but i have two 800+gph koralias on each side of the tank for water movement...

see what i'm getting at... you could have 300gph return pump and the tank will do good if you have 3000gph water current/movement in the tank...!

littlej2455

by littlej2455

oh ok yeah i see what your talking about. So I just need to get those eductors and hopefully that will produce more water movement and break up the poop and hopefully put it in the filter.

gumbii

by gumbii

well they will help... but i would still get some PH's to help you out moar...

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

"You have to be patient and research everything" is your advice littlej on your homepage.

gumbii has given you much advice, all you need to do now is research. I am sure if gumbii and others like this member can make a saltwater tank work, I am sure there is a solution to your problem.

I am not into saltwater tanks (maybe someday I will be), but first do some research as gumbii suggested and take it from there.

I would think all the fish waste has something to do with your filtration system. I have a freshwater tank, and if there were a fish waste problem (I never had one but if I did:) I'd turn first to the filtration system.

hope this helps

This might be a weird topic?

41 posts • Page 2 of 5