sun vs. moon

10 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

dick_headers

sun vs. moon

by dick_headers

Just realized that I enjoy my moonlight LEDs more than my daylight. It is somehow more relaxing for me,IDK. I love my daylight ( metal halide150W, 14000K) of course because all the colors, everythings open, fish swims around, etc...But when the moonlight comes on it is so peaceful. The fish go to sleep, some corals close up some of them extend, I just absolutely love it. I was just wondering if anybody else out there felt that before.

I think my problem is ( I don't think I'm the only one though..) I love the hobby, and everything that comes with it. Water changes, maintance, tests, cutting, fragging, aquascaping, etc...

I ask my fiancee the other day, to put her hand into the tank ( no nail polish, HELL NO! :-), and see how my 6 line wrasse will act. He was hiding the whole time. nd than here comes my hand.. Man, he was swimming around my hand like hes my guard or something. IDK, these are just great things. and I never felt this way with any other hobbys before.

And yes, I'm about to bored out of my mind, and my fiancee won't listen to my bulls**t any longer about the aquarium, so here I am guys. Give all my heart and soul away, with this post... But after a while I'll tell her the new coral I'm about to buy. She'll kill me:-)

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

holly shit man whats going on..

dick_headers

by dick_headers

PIMP THE M A N!!! What's up buddy ole' pal? Everything doin' great here my man, you should have see the 10G nano. Man, it is great. One of my most successful progress in the hobby. How's everything?

jweb1369

by jweb1369

I know what you mean. I recently got back into the hobby and now I want a million tanks.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Yeah, I tried to quit once, I failed after 3 weeks. I put all my other hobbies on the side, so this is the one and only. I'll never ever even think about to quit anymore..

gumbii

by gumbii

i know how you feel brother... even though i don't have a reef yet, don't have a fiance, haven't quit the hoby, also have many other pets that you don't and don't have a six line wrase that swims around my hand... i know esactly how you feel...

lol...

damn kid... i haven't seen you around... where has they been...?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

holy crap Dick Headers and the Pimp in the same post .....................................................I'm not worthy, im not worthy ...LMAo

good to see you guys ...........hope all is well ...............wife doesn't care much about my tank either ...............unless company is here then she likes to show it off, lol ........i like it .........

Boss

Hey pimp i just traded both my big powerstrokes in on an LCF 11 foot dump bed with a full pass through backpak tool box {full cab height} she's a sweety , V6 twin turbo powerstroke ........................rides like a caddy baby !!!!!

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

lol..you had to throw the turbo part in .....i hope the turbo saves you some fuel money becaus we know how areo dynamic 11 ft dump beds can be...

dickheaders do you have any updated pics of your nano ?

dick_headers

by dick_headers

gumbii,

I'm in the middle of a job switching project+ my 4 month old baby daughter keep me busy, and my hobby.. But here I am.

Boss,

Glad to hear from you, not like I missed you or anything... Just screwing around.. Love you pal.

Pimp,

New pictures coming soon. I have to find out how can I take good shots of the new metal halide set up. It won't turn out too good, don't know why. The tank looks so much better in live as is on the pictures. I'm about to shot myself...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

holy crap ...4 months old ?!?!?!?! wow they grow fast eh...........seems like a week or so ago you where going to have her .........................nah i didn't miss you either ............lol ...love to you and yours

Pimp,

this thing aught to get about 22 empty and 16-18 loaded .....so compared to 18 on the 250 and 12 on 550 - - -{and thats with 1500 dollars worth of tuners in them two trucks} i'm hoping that it saves me a bunch , plus i got rid of 2 payments and insurance on 2 trucks for one....................and i stole the damn thing to boot - - -2006 left over with 800 miles on it sticker was 48,950.00 and i paid 23,000 for with full warenty - - not bad for a redneck eh ?? ........lol

sun vs. moon

10 posts