blue and yellow fusiler?

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

littlej2455

blue and yellow fusiler?

by littlej2455

I just found this fish and I liked it because it is a schooling fish. Does anybody know anything about these?

singapore

by singapore

The Blue and Yellow Fusiler occurs in very large schools among the reefs of the Western Pacific. Their bodies are long and slender and are silver to blue in color with a striking yellow stripe that covers the back of the fish. They are a wonderful schooling fish for a large aquarium, and will draw more timid fish out into the open.
A 125-gallon or larger aquarium with plenty of swimming room is recommended. A small school of 5 or more Blue and Yellow Fusilers makes an impressive display in a large FOWLR (Fish Only With Live Rock) aquarium. They do well with groupers, snappers, large wrasse, and other large predatory fish as long as they are not large enough to consume the Fusilers. They are not reef safe, as they will consume most invertebrates within the aquarium.

The Blue and Yellow Fusiler should be offered a balanced diet of both meaty and vegetable items. Offer mysis and vitamin enriched brine shrimp, frozen carnivore and omnivore foods, as well as a quality flake food.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

alright thanks man. I just ordered 4 or 5 from my LFS. I ordered southern fuilers, he said that they are more of a greener color.

singapore

by singapore

very cool. expensive?

schigara

by schigara

They also grow to over one foot long when full gown, each!. But they look cool so that's what's important.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

no they said that they would sell them to me for 12 bucks each. the owner knows me there now, so i dont know if he is cutting me some slack since i am getting 5, so i guess around there.

blue and yellow fusiler?

6 posts