OK I NEED HELP AGAIN

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

seankh

OK I NEED HELP AGAIN

by seankh

Ok so just today some one gave me a complete marineland 30 gallon tank complete salt water set up. would i be hard to transfer that into a fresh water african tank? or should i just try my luck and go salt? ive never had a salt water tank but i heard its extremely hard to set up the water and keep it right. any advice here and by the way the tank isnt glass its hard plastic

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

salt water tanks aren't crazy hard to maintain, but honestly do cost considerably more than a fresh water tank of the same size.......the basics are the same, filtration, substrate, lighting, cycleing, etc etc etc just the tolerances in a salt system are more critical and much tighter............but they are nothing to be affraid of..........if you have the time and some extra money i'd say go salt, if you love africans then rinse everything out, and go that way......sell whatever salt equipment you don't need or want and do what you do best .............good luck .

Boss

seankh

by seankh

thanx man so roughly to set up a 30 how much would you think id need? and can you actually do that much to a 30?

OK I NEED HELP AGAIN

3 posts