copepod madness

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

copepod madness

by Snowboss4492

ok people............my lil 20 gallon long is establishing very nicely........very stable, no swings in parameter for a couple months now, pretty much self maintianing..................i have 3 true percula clowns [all juvees from about 1 inch to the largest at about 1 1/2 inches] a large anemone hernit crab and about 5, 1/2-3/4 inch algae hermits with 10 or so nasarrious snails {all less than 1/2 inch} so the stock load is pretty even - - - -my question is on the 40 lbs of live sand and 30 pounds of live rock, i am loaded with copepods............so .............i would like to get something to eat them but don't want to get something that will clean em out and then end up starveing...............please keep in mind as you suggest things that this is a nano tank and is at what i would consider pretty much loaded

thanks as always, Snowboss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

lol...corals

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

it's DA PIMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well...............bring me some dam corals, lol

singapore

by singapore

mandarins love them...but that all they eat, and they will probably clean ur tank rite out.

snowboss

by snowboss

yeah i think manderins are such beautiful fish too...but i also think they should be more controlled as people get them and then they starve ........... i don't have a monster refugium to keep the food supply hi enough for one and don't want to starve the little fella after he enjoys a few weeks of a thanksgiving feast.................... maybe someday

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Scooter Blennys eat them as a main food source but will also eat small meaty bits of food. I added my refugium to keep the copepods coming, for corals and the blenny. Scooter Blennys are awesome too the behavior patters are awesome, and when they hunt the put there main fin on there back up and its multi colored, its pretty awesome.

copepod madness

6 posts