off to the beach................

14 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

loading up the car as i type...................off to Rhode Island - - - -which is neither a road or an island , hhhhmmmmm

for a long weekend.................we'll see what kind of goodies we can find , all have a great week end.............be back Tuesday

Snowboss

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

must be nice...have fun!
That is the best part of taking a trip is to see what goodies you can collect. I like to collect unique-looking rocks, seashells to add to the tank.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hope you had a good time listening to the waves and soaking up the beach Boss. I'm going to start a salt water coral tank very soon. I have most everything to get it started and then I'll get some live rock and go slow. I'll be picking yr brains as well as SWP's.

My trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific and looking at their (it had to be 2000 gallons) live coral tank was awsome. The longer you stand there the more you see. Amazing!

I think it'll be the 60 gallon tank that's sitting empty and taking up room. It's got a matching cabinet with room for a sump or whatever, filters and such.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well tis aught to be illegal...........lol here i sit in my hotel room looking out the window at my car {which is parked in the sand} and about 50 feet passed that is the ocean....................my wife is ready to sell everything we own and buy a house here , lol only problem is .................a house that would be in the 250,000 range where i live is in the 1.5 to 2.0 million ..........yeah , thats not gonna happen

hope everyone is having a great weekend

Boss

newbie916

by newbie916

Hey Snowboss,

Yep, beach front property isn't cheap. Have fun looking around and hopefully you could find some new little critters for your set up. Have a nice weekend.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Aaaaaah. Words from paridise! Enjoy the weekend Boss.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

its a very clean beach, mostly just sand, some "tumbled stones here and there, no shells, no crabs or critters running around............that part kinda sucks..........i'm assumeing it's a manicured beach ....i can't imagine it being this clean and pristine naturally...............might take a drive up or down later to see if i can get to a "natural" area and see what i ca find

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Maybe some rocks or something. I've been going to the beach a lot this summer and I've seen sand crabs, some other crabs, and a scorpion fish and some others we caught fishing.

Maybe you could go snorking and see the fish in the surf and beyond the waves.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ended up with some nice rocks .................whats the process for putting them into the tank? rinse off, boil, cycle em in some salt water ...?????? - - they are just tumbled surf rocks, no sea wees or algae growth on em

Boss

bubz

by bubz

i boil and bleach anything from the outside before i introduce it to the tank and remember RINSE BOIL RINSE BOIL!!

14 posts • Page 1 of 2