Something weird I found under a rock, need help identifying

55 posts • Page 5 of 6

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

zambize

by zambize

I agree with Tmercier -- I have the Marineland Hex 5, too. My Betta likes it and the filter is effective yet nicely weak for a Betta. I do see him fight the current with his big fins, but the current is quite weak. I think it's a good trade off to have filtration like this even if it means a *slight* current.

Some things I don't like about the tank... 1) you have to remove the whole cover to do a water change (only takes a minute though), 2) it isn't glass and does scratch easily, and whether it's plastic or acrylic I notice that it has a yellow-ish tint (but not awful), 3) Bettas do prefer a more shallow and long tank. It isn't natural for them to swim up and down. They like back and forth. But having said all that, I would still recommend it. The filtration is the bio-wheel which I think is great. And the filter is super quiet.

Zambize

gumbii

by gumbii

i was talking about the clam thing you found... i can't believe this thread got so severly off topic... it's insane... you guys start talking about one thing, then start babbling about another... lol... how do you guys do it...?

zambize

by zambize

gumbii --

Well, about the off-topic mystery. We're people. People are not linear. And we're a social group with some personal knowledge of one another. So what's the mystery? No personal social skills?

Zambize

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

I think that clam thing they found was actually the bottom part of a snail....I seem to remember finding some parts like that when mine died years ago...it doesnt break apart like the rest of the material and is sort of sits there...maybe.

zambize

by zambize

There. Bug got us back on topic.

Z

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

lol... yep it was the trap door of the mystery snail. The snail had laid eggs and had babies a couple of months ago, and I thought she was another snail, but that was her baby that had grown up. I found the actual shell of her inside the cave. The body of the snail was gone, just the hull, and outside the cover under a rock was the trap door that looked like one side of a clam shell.

thisfish884485

by thisfish884485

Its Definitely from a snail.

gumbii

by gumbii

i'm not saying anything about not being human... but it's just using the forum wrong... the forum is well... a forum only... it's not a party line or chat room...

bah whatever...

it would of been cool if it was a clam though... when you get live rock in SW tanks you alway sfind all kinds of crazy critters in the tank...

PHILLIP978

by PHILLIP978

HAVE YOU GOT PICS OF A BLUEBERRY OSCAR

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Gumbii -- Give it up Dude! I didn't see your title of Forum Police anywhere! Actually, you're probably more off-topic than anyone else, as you are the sole poster of repeated efforts to control uncontrollable people who are largely ignoring you. LOL So get with the masses, chat about Bettas, or dogs or something with the rest of us.

Chill.....

Z

Something weird I found under a rock, need help identifying

55 posts • Page 5 of 6