Interested in new fish

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

josmoloco

Interested in new fish

by josmoloco

I am interested in some more fish for my 55gallon, can I get more and what?

3 inch firemouth
.75 inch convict
4- 4inch blue gouramies
chineese algae eater
2 glass fish
4inch rainbow shark

Poetic_irony3872

by Poetic_irony3872

just a thought and this may not pertain to your situation, firemouth cichlids are quite notorious for being mean fish, convicts are in the same category, your chinese algae eater and the glass fish may be in mortal danger in your tank, the rainbow shark will hold his own against even the most stubourn meanies of your tank but the others appear to be in harms way, try a really nice plecostemus, there are some very awesome varieties out there that are show stoppers, also you may be able to get away with a green severum or two, just be advised severum get large and love romain lettuce, LOL ok sorry i had to do it, my severum that i had and that my has now, love chopped romain hearts, or even putting a whole leaf in and weighting it down it's fun to watch them eat it, you can do with a few more fish just make sure that the convicts have seperate areas that they can call their own as they will get aggressive. i have seen convicts in with red devils and literally back the red devils down when they enterred into the convicts territory. just figure it this way your tank is a fairly agressive tank now and you have to be careful what you put in there as tanks don't really calm down and fish never change their attitude, whatever you decide to buy needs to able to hang with the big dogs so to speak.
Hope this helps
Brandon

josmoloco

by josmoloco

I now believe my smallest "convict fry" is accualy a young firemouth

the glass fish and algae eater are never bothered, in fact the algae eater can be quite aggressive. The firemouth is territorial but not mean, his scuffles usually involve the gouramies and the younger firemouth.

I had a severum but my heater malfunctioned and he died beautiful male touqose severum

philmin9

by philmin9

I would recommend a green sunfish, or possibly a longear sunfish. These are fish native to North America, and can hold their own with any cichlid. They add a different color to a tank, and can be a conversation piece when people cocme oover

josmoloco

by josmoloco

I added a peacock eel

Interested in new fish

5 posts