Any Powerhead Recommendations...

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

OK. They said that agitating the surface whether it be by bubbler or powerhead would most likely increase co2 in the tank during the day and definitely help the fish at night. A bubbler would be a lot less obtrusive than a powerhead so I would go that way. I'm in the same position so I was interested in knowing this myself though it would be fun to bump it up to supplemental co2 at some point when $ is avaliable. Good luck!

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Great! Thanks again...I didn't mean to make you my personal maid there, but I guess we all have things to learn. :)
With that peace of mind I just purchased the in-tank hydor ario2 w/o lights as I figured the moonlight in a tank so small would just piss my puffer off. hehe
I'll let everyone know how it works when it arrives, I had a whisper for my 16gal when I was running the 19" bubble wand and even with rubber feet that thing made more noise than my HOB filter..
I'm still a little skeptical of Hydor after purchasing a $30, 50w heater that died 2 months after purchase in the dead of winter---and the thermometer setting never put the water at the temp it was set at, in fact I had to set it at 72 for a constant temp of 78. We'll see. :P

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

You bought that little thing Snowboss linked to? Let us know how it works, looks pretty cool. If you want to see the discussion I had about non supplemental co2 with www.plantgeek.com in their forums you might get more of an idea what's going on. Look under co2 and water chemistry and you should see it. These guys seem to have a real thorough knowledge about the subject.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Sorry pete, didn't get the ekip, I got an ario, simple in-tank aerator from hydor that uses venteuri (sp?) like powerheads to bring the air in. It's completely silent and so far I'm thinking this would be an amazing Co2 diffuser for small tanks using DIY CO2. The fine mist of bubbles its producing would probably be easily absorbed into plants/water. Guess I'll have to test it out soon on the Dwarf Baby tears..got a couple of busy weeks lined up then I'll have time to devote to some more planting. :)

Any Powerhead Recommendations...

14 posts • Page 2 of 2