freshwater sand

32 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ask your cheap ass landlord to help you out with a powerhead

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

oh wait thats me ....lol

serial32

by serial32

Haha I'm sure my air stones will be fine for now. I may buy a powerhead eventually. If you want to donate one that's even better!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

depending on when the 65 arrives I'll have an extra then - -wheres the new picks? that blue crap is ugly.....lol

serial32

by serial32

I just took a few pictures with this camera but they were all blurry. I guess I'll try and take some new pictures tomorrow if your camera is around. My lights just turned off I'm waiting to see if the stoneDfish comes out to play in it.

gumbii

by gumbii

i have a marineland flexible want burried in the sand... i like fat bubbles... lol...

and awesome that you tried the sand... you should op in a UGJ system...

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

After Peterkarig pointed me towards powerheads, i can't go back to air stones... just the beauty of being able to control the amount of air coming in is very handy. Also, my fish love the current, which is also controllable. Food rarely makes it to the substrate due to the current as well... great piece of equipment. Yeah i was about to ask where the new pics are, i'd love to see them. And Serial, if you live in LA, Peterkarig has some extra powerheads for sale i believe.

serial32

by serial32

I live in Upstate NY. in Snowbosses basement lol. I was actually just reading up on a UGJ system. If i get a powerhead I will probably do that, it looks fairly easy. It will also help with the top of the sand looking like poop deck. Within the first hour my fish had shit everywhere.

Gumbii do you have a regulator on your air? I thought if I buried my air stone in the sand it would just blow the sand off of it without a regulator. So i just set it in there ontop of the pipe for my stonefish for now.

gumbii

by gumbii

my bubble wand is 48" long i think... it's burried under the sand and under the rocks... i was going to put it under the egg crate, but bah... then it wouldn't sit right...

i just got a cheapo wal-mart marineland made double air pump for the bubble curtain... they go thru the rocks first, then into the rest of the tank... thick chunky bubbles come out of the sand... but... if you're intakes from the filters are near by you might get some sand going into the filters... the bubbles raise the sand a bit... but only like 1 or 0 grains of sand per bubble... so it's very minimal...

the only sand that does get into the filters is the sand that the cichlids spit out into the filter intakes... oh well...

Serial324556

by Serial324556

I just uploaded some new pictures. Hopefully they will go through soon. I also don't know if it will come up as my default picture I will probably have to delete all the other ones and reupload them to get itas my default(which really sucks). The sand makes it look like a whole new tank.

Edit:
Here's the new pic of my tank.
http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/friendemail.php/16446

freshwater sand

32 posts • Page 3 of 4