Organisms in water

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

rioboy0

Organisms in water

by rioboy0

I have some kind of jelly-like substance growing in patches on the glass. The patches are less than 1cm in diameter and have white dots inside. Can anyone tell me what it is? It looks kind of like minature frogspawn.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Sounds like snail eggs! If you like snails, as I do, leave them be and you will have a bunch of little snails in a couple of weeks or less. I guess it could be frog eggs as well, but less than one cm, I'd say snails.

gumbii

by gumbii

yup... snails... the biggest they get is about the size of a grain of rice... there are many ways of getting rid of them... search... but if you like they let them be...

rioboy0

by rioboy0

Cheers, thanks. Phew. I thought it was a weird disease I couldn't locate. Yeah, I've got some little snails and they don't seem to be doing any harm. Thanks for your help.
Graeme

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

So Gumbii. How do you know that's all the bigger they'll get? They could be any number of species of snail.
Rioboy. The question is: where did they come from? If you have snails in your tank already then it's obvious, but many times you get them with plants bought at the aquarium store.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

The snails had babies. Congrats!

The eggs should hatch in about a couple of days.

Organisms in water

6 posts