Mystery tank...sick fish??

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Flenay

by Flenay

So I finally got the water cycled and under control. We tooks the girls to get new fish and named them all. Within a 2 week time period we added Duke (male molly), Oreo, Calm and Two-Tone (all female mollies). York (male molly) and Hallo (female molly) and Deeders the male betta. All was going good for about a month and than all the fishes stomachs got huge. I did research and figured I was feeding them too much so I cut it down and everything went back to normal. Than Oreo started swimming goofy, looked like some of her fins were gone or...deteriorating?? A day later she passed. Than Calm started showing signs of ich so I treated the tank for that. So now I have a mystery tank! Duke seems to be losing his color, other than that he seems normal. Calm is now swimming goofy. Worse than what Oreo was. Calm will go vertical, she swims like she jolting forwards and backwards and even runs into the glass. Two-tone rests on the bottom of the aquarium at times. York's stomach seems swollen again and it seems like he is missing a few scales on his left side. Hallo seems to be getting thin and doesn't seem to have much on an appetite. Deeders seems to also be losing his color along with a swollen stomach. Biggy the comet is fine. Help?

Okiimiru

Re: Mystery tank...sick fish??

by Okiimiru

Please measure your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate in parts per million or mg/L and tell us what they are.

2 posts