Alasse's Tanks

73 posts • Page 2 of 8

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

I have, but i just want to keep it as a hobby at this stage. Make it my employment and i may not enjoy it as much *L*

Alasse

by Alasse

Todays jobs.

Peps - 1st detris removal for the day - Done
Pond - java fern removed, more substrate added, cleaned and water topped up - Done
3ft - I was gonna pull down and clean today, but notice i dont have enough sand to replace gravel with, so will have to wait until i get another bag.
5ft - Still havent got around to doing the needed water change, prolly wont get done until tomorrow now.
Will be cleaning out the muck from the 3.5ft BN tank today and topping it

I check the apple snails, water cloudy. Found the cause large original snail dead, removed and will do a water change shortly to sweeten water back up, then will feed.

neontank

by neontank

Just a quick question for alasse
what do you feed Snails?

Alasse

by Alasse

I feed mine algae disks, protien pellets, flakes and zucchini

Alasse

by Alasse

3ft has now been rescaped
a10fd-3ft 15th May 2011 b.jpg
d3d4f-3ft 15th May 2011 a.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

I'm looking at putting a pond filter onto the 5ft to cope with the Oscars (and other stock i want to add), the canister currently on the 5ft will then move to my 4ft and when i finally get the part for the Eheim canister it will be put onto to the 3ft.

Alasse

by Alasse

Thanx Heidi :)

Alasse

by Alasse

Update:

The 5ft is still in the grips of a major algae outbreak. Tank will be emptied this weekend to do a full clean. Gravel will be removed as i think this is where the problem is coming from, its full of goodies for plants, no plants so algae is feeding on it. I will be replacing the gravel with some sand, or i may even go bare bottomed. The canister will be pulled down and some sponges replaced. I'll be getting 2 larger internals to get more water movement in the tank. I bought a new piece of driftwood for this tank, rarely do i buy wood, but this bit was super cheap and looks WAY cool!

I also arranged to buy and pick up 2 new angels tomorrow night, they are a breeding pair but i will be splitting them up, the gold marble female will be moving in with my gold marble male and the veiltail black marble male will be moving in with my silver veiltail. The new black marble is just gorgeous!

I still havent got around to grabbing a pond filter for the 5ft, in the coming weeks i'll start looking seriously into getting one setup.

Alasse

by Alasse

Waiting to see if i won 9 pieces of driftwood with anubias attached....fingers crossed *L*

Alasse

by Alasse

I got the anubias wood!!! I pick it all up tomorrow night. I also pick up another large piece of driftwood i bought from someone else.....love bargains!!

The new angels are doing really well also, they are still in with Zach and Cas, very little bullying going on if any, not bad considering they are all large angels.

Alasse's Tanks

73 posts • Page 2 of 8