EBJD quantity

20 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I use zeolite and mad sponges in the filter. to I also tend to overfeed. One tank stays more clear with the help of plants. Can't wait for the pics. There's a place over here that only carries cichlids mainly I found 2 EB's and hope they are still there are still there when I go back! They are so beautiful I could watch them all day Never seen a full grown one I have to grow one up!

boylestd

by boylestd

good luck with the EB's. I got mine for $13 a piece. They were also around an inch long. Which is kinda risky since they arent as hearty as regular jacks. They also tend to grow way slower. My biggest one has only grown about 3 inches in 6 months! Thats with 82 degree water, weekly water changes, and power feeding.

boylestd

by boylestd

he actually likes his picture taken, haha.
52e14-Photo_00017.jpg
f5b10-Photo_00016.jpg
cf7aa-Photo_00007.jpg

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

cloudy water?

boylestd

by boylestd

yeha, i have no clue on how to clear it up. ive literally tried everythin i could think of. any suggestions. I wonder if my weekly water changes are hurting the natural bacteria filter. I might try to chang less water and omly do that bi-weekly.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

Sand will compact and prevent any water movement resulting in a lack of oxygen. Also, it will compact to form "anaerobic" zones where a lack of oxygen allows dangerous chemicals to form.

So you should liquid water test the water to see what the oxygen levels are. Once we can eliminate this, then I will help you with possible other reasons for the problem.

An oxygen water test kit (runs about $12.00 online) link for the test kit:

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/p ... atid=15482

let us know how it goes, never hesitate to ask questions, we're here for you

Alasse

by Alasse

If your cichlids are moving the sand around then no pockets will form, if they arent, running your fingers through the sand every few weeks will stop that ever occurring

What filtration do you have on the tank? If you are power feeding then you need very good filtration....seems like you may not have sufficient and over feeding is not really doing your fish any favours at the moment. You need to do more water changes and, depending what filtration you have, leave it alone for longer

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Need the filtration I've used play sand and it only looks cloudy after the first few days of putting it in. I've recently switched to cichlid sand and they love it and wow what a difference in color. Neeed to test the water. Overfed water is different then that. I overfeed all the baby tanks. Got three more holding again already! I'm following this thread close. I'm looking into breeding them and not trying a dang thing but throw them in the 125. Seems to work pretty good so far.

The pics are amazing. What diet do you have them on? I feed randomly frozen dry live, including crickets guppy's rosy's flakes. Anything with high spirulina ANYTHING! 120 will get me 6 one ince EBJD's. Petsolutions, whom I've had great service with so far, has them the cheapest. Idk yet. I pretty much got the girl in on it she knows the demand is high for she is drug along with me and kai alllll over the net the stores craigslist lol. I'm hooked sorry I'll shut up now.

Jacksy the free 10" cichlid that started the madness.
5876b-Video 20 0 03 23-50.jpg
d35f9-Video 97 0 00 45-24.jpg

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I reread the thread and realizedI've already posted one of those pis that's just how much I love him wow I'm gay

boylestd

by boylestd

I keep them on a diet of omega brine shrimp, bloodworms, and pellets. My tank also has a dark substrate and dark background. I heard darker colors in your tank will bring out the fish's colors more, whereas lighter substrate bleaches fish out. Dont know how much truth is behind it but all my fish are vibrant as ever.

EBJD quantity

20 posts • Page 2 of 2