This website sucks

93 posts • Page 2 of 10

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Your tank looks like a petsmart tank to me.

I have a 20 gallon and I see no reason why thats bad.

Why dont you get off your high horse and learn every one doesnt have such a "amazing" tank as you do

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Ah... look what the dirty cheat sent me.....

tlspmm -> mro2you2: wouldn't be talkin (Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 pm)

your tank looks like poop!

If your talkin about my fresh that pic is old. Updated is right here
2bd99-snips 001.JPG

bennyphan

by bennyphan

haha, not to start any fights, but the picture prdoring posted was pretty funny. I can understand tslpmm is coming from. I mean, for some people, they take their fish tank/fishes/plants as a serious hobby. And for people that don't have a "more establish tank" to get better ratings then the people that have true show tanks can be very frustrating.

However, I love this site, although my tank is not a show tank, it would not be where it would be now without this site! I learned so much from it (mostly from PK), and still continuing learning. But! When i first set up my tank before all the holy rocks, before the fishes I bought, I was excited! I posted a picture up, and got horrible ratings; however, people welcomed me, and congratulated me getting my new tank.

This is what this site is for, not who has the better tank, but to help everyone out. Learn from everyone. Pictures that are true show tanks are like goals to be set (for those hard core hobbists) Just my 2 cents!

tlspmm

by tlspmm

The troll thing is kinda funny prdoring but you,jdak and mro2you2 are missing my point. It's as bennyphan said " very frustrating " to put a lot time and effort and to have tanks that have been high rated by the owners.Just tired of the rating system! It's called RATEMYFISHTANK. As far as information goes on this website , if you use it great but that isn't why I am here Joyce123. So maybe I shouldn't have said "This website sucks" but this rating systems does! I'm just speaking out for the hobbyist that aren't getting the vote. This is probably my 20th tank. I have seen every ones tank pictures here and most of you commenting seem to be beginners that took offense to my comment barely have any FISH at all.So funny I am lmao. FYI not one thing on or in my tank was purchased at Petsmart but if you want to believe that they sell REEF READY tanks when they don't sell any saltwater fish. then let me know Jpak don't be mad that I have the tank that is a better suited than your tank.Now go ahead and hunt me down and give me a bad rating! IDFC!!!!
Last edited by tlspmm on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

If you go on one of those hard core fresh water planted tank sites you find mostly people who steer you toward pressurised co2, complicated fertiliser regimes, expensive lights, etc.

Most people don't have the cash of will to invest that much into a fish or fish/plant tank.

Just getting the basics down, the bacterial/nitrogen cycle, testing your water for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates, pH, how much to feed, etc..........Basically how to keep aquarium fish alive, is huge in this hobby.

I like it here. It's not perfect for sure, but we don't have moderators bullying us around and anyone can say anything they want without being edited. It's worked like this for years, and though we've had a few nitwits here and there they eventually get bored and go away.

It's sad that most aquarium stores are kept in busniss because most of the fish sold in the trade die before they need to. This is a beginners forum. I'm still making big mistakes and learning from them all the time.

Blah blah blah......

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Yea, the rating thing has some problems, and I see that as a separate thing from the forum.

jdak702

by jdak702

Actually tlspmm, My picture is quite old. If you think your tank beats mine due to size, you loose again. 150g saltwater tank. Pushing over 4000 gph and a trickle filter filled with live rock. Skimmer underneath too. This is my fish only tank but you won't find any fake decor in there. Everything is real. The only plastic is in the pipes and the acrylic itself. And another thing. Your tank isn't reef ready until you add salt to the water. Want to see more of my beautiful tanks, check out these....

http://aquaticconnection.org/jdak-s-150 ... -t106.html

http://aquaticconnection.org/jdak-s-46- ... -t103.html
f9925-DSC01739.JPG
498e5-DSC01776.JPG

mro2you2

by mro2you2

nice jdak!!

I think the rating system is bad but you cant help it. People are people and there are those nitwits ( by PK terms ) who are jerk and just like to get people mad.

I Rate the pictures to get ideas too. Like how to put rock works and even fish some people own.

I have a 29 gallon salt and a 20 fresh. its my chose to be small because I think it brings out the "smaller" things in life.

and tlspmm why did you send me a message just to say my tank looks like poo???

bennyphan

by bennyphan

nice tank jdak! haha, that was like pulling out a huge machine gun out of a small hidden pocket from a coat jacket (if you seen those cartoons) Man one day I will have a salt water tank that big. I probably need to get a salt water tank period first. haha!

tlspmm

by tlspmm

JDAK Yuck that tank is all white! quite honestly one of the uglier tanks on board for an all saltwater. Sorry to disappoint you but you will never get 4000 gph with that size wet/dry. I may have been born at night but not last night. Maybe with multiple powerheads and some over filtration but get off you 4000gph. I think someone forgot about HEAD PRESSURE. It looks like you have one KORALIA power head one ONE intake so how is that possible. Don't worry pictures are coming to show you my setup is better for saltwater. Don't hate the players hate the game!!
P.s The tank is called REEF READY based on positioning of the overflows that have 3 levels of intake not just surface intake like your acrylic overflow.
Last edited by tlspmm on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This website sucks

93 posts • Page 2 of 10