Missing fish

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

TigerTaylor8906

by TigerTaylor8906

I did check the filter, though he was waaayyyy to big to get it there.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

The floor????

If you own any see if the kids ate it or something.

did you remove the decor and look under????

TigerTaylor8906

by TigerTaylor8906

Yea, all of the above. I have looked everywhere in the room, floor, under furnature, everywhere. No kids, but like I said, I do have dogs but no way to know now.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Well I cant say much but to forget about it.

leifariek

by leifariek

dude. i have the same thing happen to me every few years. little neon, mollies and cory have gone missing, not in the filter, not being able to get out the top either.
I used to freak out about not being able to locate the fish that may be rotting away in my tank, but i dont anymore.

I have about 1 amano shrimp per 2 gallons of every aquarium i keep, and they eat anything that floats around, apparently, and they seem to take care of the waste pretty well.

Candanceee

by Candanceee

I just bought a jewel cichlid and put him into my cichlid tank with my baby yellow lab & a 1in pleco. The new jewel was waay bigger than the other 2 fish in there! I was watching the fish after feeding them the other night, all 3 were in there. The next morning about 7-8 hours later the jewel disappeared. Not in the filter, no bones, the tank is completely covered so it could not have jumped out. I have NO IDEA where it went.

TigerTaylor8906

by TigerTaylor8906

I know its crazy when a fish just disappears. This black moore of mine was huge! Body the size of my fist and a least 6 inches from eyes to tip of the tail. I have had the same problem with a few smaller fish in the past but this one blew my mind. Oh well, its been so long now. Already been replaced with a new baby black moore.

Candanceee

by Candanceee

That really is insane... This isn't the first time it happened to me either. I had a huge red tail shark and he just disappeared as well.. I was waiting for the smell of rotting fish in my room as you had said too, but that never happened.. It's hard to not think about! Like where the hell could it have even gone?! Esp. a fish as big as yours!

Missing fish

18 posts • Page 2 of 2