Need Advice

25 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I've been reading this thread and haven't responded because I don't have any better advice then others have posted.

Not ignoring you Mro2you2. Just trying to let others get their advice in so I don't "hog" up the site. I think people get turned off when all they see is my avatar on all the threads.

Good luck with this fish bro. How about buying more plants lie some anubias bartari. Planted in the back these plants can provide really nice cover for fish because of their wide, easy to hide under leaves. Anubias requires very little light as well, and can grow in any substraight. Very easy to grow.

I say this because I think your tank would look better with more plants.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

sadly my petsmart doesnt sell them nor any where else. thank PK for the words.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

wait nvm died. :(

mro2you2

by mro2you2

wait nvm that. Still alive he was just laying complete on the ground. I have him in a net that is still in the water. Can I keep him in that for awhile??

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I think it's time for it to go. I sometimes put my dieing fish in the freezer in some water so they die a painless (I hope) death.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

okey, Im going to get rid of him...... :( best fish ever had............... R.I.P Gourami!!!!!! I cant do it......

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

best way I put down a fish is put it in a small glass with aquarium water and about 5 drops of clove oil...it will slowly kill the fish with very little pain

freezer in some water will work too for it is a slow process...it's the slow process you want to go after

in a net in the aquarium water will simply stress the fish, and the stress will eventually kill the fish so -

best to either take the fish under by clove oil or slowly freezing water

sorry pal

mro2you2

by mro2you2

he died on his own....... flushed him...... lol..... why am I laughing?!?!?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

you know I never flush the fish even if it dead...you know what I do, I toss the guy out the window and let nature devour him...it's the closest the fish will come to a natural decomposition process

but may be alright with the flush after dead process, we all have our ways of doing things, I just prefer to go the natural way as best as possible

still, sorry for your loss especially considering it was your favorite fish...but you know I ifgure, it's better off dead than to suffer endlessly (only positive way around this)

bennyphan

by bennyphan

sorry man!

Need Advice

25 posts • Page 2 of 3