New pics

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

New pics

by Peterkarig3210

Here's some pics using my new camera. I'm still getting the hang of it and the planted tank is looking a bit unkempt at the moment.

I replanted the tiger lillies in the back and planted some new hair grass that hasn't grown in yet, and I'm having a wee bit of overgrowth of some kind of moss that's fighting for dominence with the java moss. This tank should look better soon.

The gar tank has some black algae on the leaves, but it's still a nice tank for my gars IMO.
bc450-Gar snaking (large gar).jpg
754fa-IMG_1542.JPG
85460-IMG_1536.JPG
56061-IMG_1511.JPG

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Crap. I screwed up and only posted one of the pics I wanted, and it posted twice!

I have better focused pics of the smaller planted one.

I'll get more downloaded and try again.

PlantsAteMyFish

by PlantsAteMyFish

The first 2 looks nice and focused. Exposure looks great too. The other two are just a bit out of focus, probably due to camera shake. Did you use a tripod? Also if your camera allows you to set the exposure time try playing around with that. You'll definitely need a tripod or something stable to set the camera on to avoid shaking.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

The first two are the sme photo. I'm going to try a tripod, and a faster shutter speed also.

Actually, I have better pics, but the memory card didn't fully complete it's download.

GiantDogg

by GiantDogg

Looks good PK

PlantsAteMyFish

by PlantsAteMyFish

Actually for fast action shots you'll want to use a fast shutter speed but for low light situations without a flash you'll want a slower shutter speed to let more light in. The lens shutter will stay open longer so any movement in the camera or the object you're photographing will cause blurriness and out of focus look.

New pics

6 posts