Can anyone solve this Question im asking?

30 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

I always wanted to know, I know for a fact that most African, South American, and Central Cichlids are aggressive? Also in a video I once seen that an African was picking on another African for no general reason just as if it were a habit? my other question is if one fish doesnt bother another why do they insist on bothering the other?

Just curious if anyone can answer I would appreciate it!!

petersonestates

by petersonestates

because they can just kidding just like humans somtimes thy cant get along with each outher

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

lol ...thank you

chachi

by chachi

if its the same species, they need to establish dominance. they do this to determine who gets to breed with the female. they can be territorial towards other fish to defend their home or spot.

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

so if there the same species....then lets say one wins and beats the other is it necessary for him to still bother him?

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

ARE most central/south american cichlids aggressive?

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

yea even they are NATALIE...because they are cichlids thats why im wondering!

bennyphan

by bennyphan

From what I have read and seen personally with my tank, you will see high aggression with same species, ESPECIALLY if one colors is brighter then the other! You can tell if one cichlid is the dominant one if its color is brighter than the other. Typically other Cichlid fights other cichlids for territory purpose. Usually in its natural state, the losing fish would swim away if defeated. Since they are placing in the tank and have no other place to run, the it will continue to get picked on. EVEN if is shown to be no threat, it will still be picked on.

That is why alot of people say to build lots of caves even plants so that they could claim a place as theirs or even have a place for them to hide.

Hope this helps!

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Y4ND3L- FOR GODS SAKE WHY DO YOU HAVE SOUTH WITH AFRICAN YOU IDIOT!!!!

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

Well thank I think that makes way more sense that what i usually learn!!

30 posts • Page 1 of 3