Comment My Tank And Cichlids!

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

sapperdaddy

by sapperdaddy

Ok i just got all my pics approved! check them out! Comment!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Nice to meet you. :-) The tank looks good. Lots of rocks and caves, just what they need.

Tried to leave a comment but it wont take for some reason.

The one you have listed as an albino peacock looks more like a albino zebra. Hard to say which one because they can all look so similar. It has the body shape of a zebra instead of a peacock. That is a good thing tho, because you don't want to add a peacock in with the Mbuna you have. They are not aggressive enough.

The light blue one with dark bars you labeled unknown is a Kenyi. They get very aggressive. If it stays blue its a female. If it turns yellow its a male.

"Unknown Mature Male African Cichlid, Breed Is Unknown, If You know Please Advise." Very beautiful fish, but like none I have seen. Most likely it is a hybrid of two different kinds.

You do know that Melanochromis auratus are the MOST aggressive African Mbuna there is right? When they start to breed, all your other fish are going to be in real danger! So watch them close.

Here is a very good place to look up the profiles for the fish you have and to try to figure out what the ones you don't know are.
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/c ... .php?cat=2

sapperdaddy

by sapperdaddy

Hey Thanks!

esparzar1

by esparzar1

you have some really pretty fish but like Dizz said they probably won't get along very well. The rock set-up is nice. Don't have much to add. The dark blue one that is featured as your main picture is a pseudotropheus saulosi (I think) I agree w/Dizz the other unknown fish you have looks like a kenyi. Check out cichlid-forums. Dizz gives great advice, she's the one that has really helped me w/my tank!

jweb

by jweb

I don't know if the one is a kenyi or not. It's anal fin markings are really bright to be a kenyi. I might be wrong, but I thought kenyi's have really light anal fin markings. At least mines are.

sapperdaddy

by sapperdaddy

Thanks for the Comments Guys! Is This The Fish Your Talking About? kenyi?
7bfa4-rate7.jpg

sapperdaddy

by sapperdaddy

Trying To Upload The pic.
2945f-rate7.jpg

sapperdaddy

by sapperdaddy

The pic Wont Upload,

TigerTaylor8906

by TigerTaylor8906

It uploaded, you have to hit reply on your message to view it but its up there!

sapperdaddy

by sapperdaddy

Hey thanks sorry im new on this fourm!

12 posts • Page 1 of 2