leaking tank!!! bad

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dutchmonk

leaking tank!!! bad

by dutchmonk

Ok so my tank started leaking tonight, very bad. i had to move the fish to my bath tub!!! i feel like is not a good idea but my only choice. how long do you think they can survive in a bath tub? i filled it up with water from the tank and put filter and heater in there, plus all the decorations. its going to be a few days at least till i can get the tank prepared. anyone go thru this before? i neede some advice!!

MonkeyChunks

by MonkeyChunks

I think they will survive long enough in your bathtub as long as there wasn't any detergent on its walls or nearby. If you used the water from the aquarium its should be good.

Ideally I would recommend big cooking pots from the kitchen because they'er less likely to have dangerous chemicals on them.

dutchmonk

by dutchmonk

yeah well its a clean tub havn't used that bathroom for months and i scrubbed the tub with water to clean it the best i could. i fell bad for them!! my hospital tank is to small for all of them plus my frog is using it to heal after my fish attacked his toes. so i only have my tetras in there

kelbri

by kelbri

Perhaps some of those big rubbermaid containers from any department store. Only like $10, and should hold everything.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Oh man, that is my worst nightmare! I can just see all the water from my 55 gallon gushing thru the floor into the apartment below me. Yikes! Sorry about your troubles! That really sucks :-(

dutchmonk

by dutchmonk

So this is night two in the bath tub!!! all the fish seem fine. My tank is being fix and i will have it in the morning. so the fish should be in there home soon. My banded leponuis has been jumping alot i just hope he wont jump out of the tub

nikoloose

by nikoloose

This happend to me once, i didnt empty my tank tho because i had nowhere to put them. it was a real mess in my room. the leaking tank dampend my carpet and everything.
In the end had to put my fish in a bucket for two days while i repaired it.
i didnt have enough money to get someone else to fix it aswel. I bought sealant and did it myself and now its working perfectly and hasnt leaked since(touch wood).
Did all your fish survive the bath tub ordeal?

tchavera

by tchavera

Home Depot has 10 gallon buckets for $5 a piece.. But I hope you washed your bath with hot water to kill the soaps. Anyways, how are the fish now?

leaking tank!!! bad

8 posts